Chapter 46: Learning and Accepting

Warning: Mild angst

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So.. Can I ask something, Ro?" Virgil says the next morning. "Of course my love." Roman says. "When you found me, right after I drained him.. You stared, why?"
"Well, half of me was thinking, ‘well fuck, that just happened’, and the other half was surprised at what you looked like." Roman says.

"What I looked like?" Virgil asks, tilting his head. Roman nods. "You sent a chill down my spine; I've never seen a turned vampire affected by the lunar eclipse. I've only ever heard of it. But you looked.. Bloodthirsty and murderous, it caught me off guard."

"Oh. Well I mean, I was really hungry, and he deserved to die. Heh, he tried to shoot me when I popped up behind him." Virgil says. "I mean, you did intrude into his house, but-"
"Still. When I started feeling the urge to just stick my fangs into someone's neck and drain them, I knew exactly who I'd kill." Virgil says.

"I see. Who was that, anyway? The guy you killed?" Roman asks. "Tom, my uncle." Virgil says, smirking slightly. "Never liked him anyway." he finished, stretching a bit after.
"Are- you look tired, my love." Roman says, tilting his head a little. Virgil looks at him. "Nah, I'm fine. Little hungry but-"

"It's only been 8 hours, how are you-?" Roman starts, looking confused. Virgil shrugs a little, biting his thumb with his front teeth, avoiding his fangs.
Roman looked at him for a moment before sighing. "Well go eat then, I'm.. I'll be back." he says, kissing Virgil's cheek and leaving the room.

Roman went to find his father, putting his hands behind his back and leaning on his heels. "So... Um... Father?" he says. "What's your question, Roman?"
"Um.. Heh, well, uh.." Roman stumbled over his words, standing upright. "Is it.. Um.. Normal for.. Like.. To be hungry while.. Um.."

"Roman, spit it out." Romulus says, looking at him. "Virgil's hungry- is- is that normal?" Roman asked quickly. "I'm going to assume you mean again; he's hungry again. Yes, Roman, for most every species, pregnancy causes someone to need more food, as they're feeding a child as well as themself." Romulus tells him.

Roman blushes slightly and nods. "Okay.. I was just- I dunno, making sure." Romulus looks at him and smirked a little. "It's a weird feeling, isn't it? Finding out you're to be a father?"
"A-a bit, yeah.. It's like.. I.. Shock, fear, and joy all at the same time.." Roman says, looking away and smiling a little. Romulus smiles slightly. "Well, I'm glad you're happy, but please, after the child is born, please be careful, okay? For the love of god.."

"I willlll! Look, so I accidently got him pregnant- he wanted a kid anyway!" Roman says. "Besides, if I remember right, you didn't quite plan for me and Remus, did you?"
Romulus blushed a little, narrowing his eyes. "In my defense, I didn't have measures to prevent her from conceiving, you do-"

Roman stifles a laugh. "Well, I'm gonna go find Virgil." he says, leaving. Romulus sighs, crossing his arms and blushing. "Cheeky little.."

Roman finds Virgil in the living room and sits next to him with a smile. "I'm back." Virgil looks at him and smiles back. "Where'd you go anyway?" he asks. "To ask my father about.. Well, uh." Roman says, motioning to Virgil's stomach.
Virgil blushes. "What, pregnancy?" Roman nods. "I just wanted to make sure that feeling hungry so soon is normal, my love."

Virgil lays down on Roman's lap, smiling up at him. Roman looks at him, smiling a bit back. "Well hello." Virgil giggles, grabbing Roman's hand and bringing it up to his cheek to nuzzle it.
"Feeling cuddly are we?" Roman says, smiling more and lifting Virgil up to sit in his lap. "I can't help it, you're a handsome man."

Roman chuckles out a mix of ‘oh’ and ‘awe’, kissing Virgil's forehead after. "Thank you, my love. You're quite adorable yourself." he says, petting Virgil's hair.
Virgil looks up at him, blushing slightly. "Yes?" Roman asks, looking at him. Virgil leaned up and kissed him, Roman smiling and kissing back.

Virgil sighs softly, pulling away after a moment. Roman looks at him, frowning slightly. "Is something the matter, my love?"
"I just.. I thought I was getting better, mentally.. I thought I was finally over my past but.. I'm just.. Feeling really down right now.." Virgil mumbles, laying his head on Roman's shoulder.

"Scars will never heal completely, my love.. Sadly, that's a part of your life you'll always be cursed to remember.. But it's okay to feel sad about it occasionally. Dwelling on it is what's unhealthy.. But it'll be okay, I'm right here, I always will be. Unless you need alone time, then I'll leave you to yourself for a while. I'll do everything I can to make you feel better, love." Roman says, brushing a hand through Virgil's hair.

Virgil looks up at him with a small, sad smile. "Why do I deserve you..? You're so.. Kind.. And perfect.."
Roman gave him a soft look. "You feel you don't deserve anything good because you've never had anything good before.. That truly breaks my heart, Virgil, because you deserve the world.."

Virgil let out a breath, cupping Roman's cheeks. "I have the world.." he says. "Right here.." he continues, then moving his hands to his stomach. "And right here."
Roman blushes slightly, a small, flustered noise escaping from his throat. Virgil looks back up at him. "And that's all I need.."

Roman whispered a quiet "Oh..", smiling a little and holding Virgil close to him. "You're precious.." he murmurs, petting him softly.