Coming Home

"Have you seen Anderson's theories? It's been two years and he's getting closer with his most recent one"

"Anderson is the last person I would have guessed would get so much right about our deaths" your husband jokes.

"Do you have everything for tonight including the ice pack?"

"Yes, but I'm not taking the ice pack. John won't punch me no matter how much you think he will"

———————————————————

The past two years you and Sherlock have been around the world trying to dismantle Moriarty's crime web. The only people that know you aren't dead are Mycroft, Molly and Sherlock's parents. You still haven't met his parents though. As far as they know, you don't exist. Everyone decided it was too dangerous to get them involved. You hated having to watch your dad grieve your death. He cut himself off from the world for two months and not even Mycroft could get in touch with him.

You watched your own funeral from afar. It was a joined service with Sherlock's. You were even buried next to each other with matching headstones. John came by every day and you watched him slowly fall apart and pick himself back up. If only he could have been at the wedding. He would have found the whole ordeal hilarious.

Your wedding consisted of you, Sherlock, Mycroft, and eventually assassins. You wore a white pantsuit and shoes you could run in, as the assassins were expected.

Mycroft officiated the wedding and you took a few pictures to show John and your dad when you could see them again

Mycroft officiated the wedding and you took a few pictures to show John and your dad when you could see them again. You had gotten married right at the one year mark of your death in Tibet. It wasn't the wedding you had hoped for, but you married the man you love and that's all that matters.

————————————————-

Today is the day you get to return to the world. Sherlock is going to see John and you are going to see your dad. You've tried to convince Sherlock that John is going to be pissed, but he won't listen.

You approach the door to your father's flat and take a deep breath before knocking. Lestrade opens the door and drops the phone he was holding.

"Hi, dad. I'm sorry"

He doesn't say anything for a few minutes. He just stares. Finally, he hugs you so tight you think he may never let you go. You tell him everything and show him the rings and wedding photos. He seems to understand why you did it and is just happy to have you back. After an hour, you leave him to go meet John and Sherlock in a cafe.

You quietly walk in and see Sherlock at a table with John and one other person.

"And (Y/N)?" You hear John ask.