Coffee and Cinnamon

The three of you walk to an absolutely giant bank. This place is more secure than Buckingham Palace. A card is needed to get past every door in the building including the restrooms. A tall, rather arrogant-looking businessman approaches your trio with open arms.

"Sherlock Holmes!"

"Sebastian" Sherlock replies without the same enthusiasm.

"How are you, buddy? How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?"

Sherlock ignores the attempt at small talk.

"This is my friend, John Watson and th-"

"Who is this little lady?" Sebastian takes your hand and kisses it. He winks at you as you take your hand back.

"(Y/N) Lestrade, Scotland Yard" you sneer.

He just smirks and leads you to his office. You take a seat in between John and Sherlock.

"You're doing well. Spending lots of time abroad" Sherlock observes.

"Well, some..."

"Flying all the way around the world. Twice a month!" Sherlock is trying to get under his skin.

"You're doing that thing." Sebastian smiles and looks at you. "We were at Uni together and this guy here, he had this trick he used to do."

"It's not a trick," you and Sherlock say in unison.

Sebastian cocks his head at you, but continues.

"He could look at you and tell you your whole life story."

"You mean how your parents got a divorce when you were in year 6 and you lived with your father because your mother was a drunk. But oh, your father was a hard arse and that's why you have this job. You wanted to be a veterinarian but dear old dad wouldn't allow it" you look to Sherlock for confirmation.

Sherlock grins at you and Sebastian's smile fades. He looks to Sherlock in order to avoid your stare.

"I'm glad you could make it over. We've had a break-in"

Sebastian leads the three of you over to a door and swipes a card. The door unlocks and he opens it.

"Sir William's office. The bank's former chairman. His room has been left head like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in here late last night."

"What did they steal?" John asks.

"Nothing. They just left a little message." Sebastian flicks on the light and leads you inside.

There is an old leather topped desk with a pen and a brass lamp left on it. Across from the desk is a framed oil painting of a grim-faced man. The plaque below reads:

Sir William Shad 1944-2009

There is a thick line of yellow spray paint across his eyes and trickling down the portrait. Underneath it is a strange symbol in the same garish yellow.

Sebastian takes you to a computer to show you the security footage from the break-in. One minute, the painting is normal, the next minute the paint is there. No one comes in, no one goes out.

"How many ways into that office?" You ask.

"That's where this gets really interesting. Every door that opens in this bank gets logged right here. Every walk-in cupboard. Every toilet."

"So I'm assuming the door did not open last night" you confirm.

"There's a hole in our security. You find it and we'll pay you. Five figures."

Sebastian takes out a cheque and begins to write.

"This is only an advance. Tell me how he got in and there's a bigger one on the way." He hands it to Sherlock, but he ignores it.

"I don't need incentives, Sebastian"

Sebastian begins to put the cheque away, but John plucks it from his hand.

"He's kidding obviously...I'll look after that for him."

You walk back into the abandoned office and take pictures with your phone. Just then, your phone starts ringing.

"Hey, babe, what's up?" You answer.

"Are you free for coffee?"

"I'm on a case right now, but I might be able to leave. Let me see if John's got Sherlock. I swear he's like a child" you laugh.

You pull the phone from your ear and place it on your chest.

"Hey, John. Have you got him?"

"Yeah, go see Jim. You haven't seen him since you left the hospital."

"Are you sure? We can take a rain check"

John shoos you out the door.

"Call me if you need anything. Anything at all, John."

"(Y/N), go!" He says more sternly this time.

You kiss him on the cheek and put the phone back up to your ear.

"I'll be there in 10"

"I'll be waiting for you, love"

And with that, you hang up the phone and flag down a cab.

You hop out of the cab and walk into the cafe where Jim took you the night you met. Inside, you find him sitting at a table with his back to the door. You walk up behind him and cover his eyes.

"Guess who" you whisper in his ear.

He turns his head and plants a soft kiss on your lips. You laugh and sit down across from him.

"What would you have done if that wasn't me?"

"Well, I would be thoroughly embarrassed, but I know the feel of your touch."

You blush at his sweet comment and sip your coffee. He takes both your hands in his.

"Dear, there's a reason I asked you to meet me on such short notice. I don't want to rush into this, but (Y/N) Lestrade, I love you. You don't have to say anything back. I just needed to get that off my chest."

You smile at him and squeeze his hands.

"Baby, you are my knight in shining armor. We have been through more than any couple should have to go through and we made it out okay. If we're rushing into it, I don't care. I love you too."

He leans across the table and kisses you. This one is different from earlier though. This one is passionate and hungry. He tastes like coffee and cinnamon. Your stomach does backflip when he bites your lip. You pull back from the kiss and smile.

"John and Sherlock are out on a case"

You get up from the table with Jim's hand still in yours. You quickly hail a cab and set off for 221 Baker Street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello, lovelies!
I am so grateful for the few readers that I have right now. I have a favor to ask, could you guys share this with anyone you may that may like it? You guys are so loved even just by me and I don't even know you. If any of you need anything, I'm like literally always free. Please don't hesitate to talk to me.

Love you guys!😘
Kendall💕