Poisoned

You all race back to your flat and you lead the three men in. The flat looks just how you left it except for one thing. Your bedroom door is closed. You never close that door. Since you live alone, you don't have to worry about anyone seeing your things, so you never bother to close it. You walk into your bedroom and see a pair of battered trainers sitting on your nicely made bed. You shout for the men to take a look.

"Since when do you make your bed?" your dad asks.

"I don't. Someone was here" your voice shakes.

The pink phone suddenly starts to ring. Sherlock takes it out of his pocket and answers softly.

"H... Hello... sexy" a distressed woman's voice comes through the phone.

Without thinking, you grab Sherlock's hand and he squeezes back.

"Who is this?"

"I've... sent you... a little puzzle... just to say... hi" the woman sobs.

"Who's talking? Why are you crying?"

"I'm... I'm not crying. I'm typing... and this stupid bitch... is reading it out."

You bite your lip at the sound of this woman's terror. You were in a similar situation not long ago and the terrifying memories come flooding back. Your dad notices the fear in your eyes and pulls you over to him. He hugs you as you rest your head on his shoulder. Sherlock looks at you and mutters "The curtain rises" You turn to look at him and he continues.

"I've been expecting this for some time"

"Twelve hours to solve... my puzzle Sherlock or I'm going to be so naughty" The woman finishes and the call ends.

Lestrade goes back to Scotland yard and leaves you with John and Sherlock. The three of you take the shoes to St. Bart's to be examined. You're still pretty shaken up, so you cling to John's arm the whole time while Sherlock gives you worried looks. Sherlock becomes busy, so you excuse yourself to go get a drink from the cafeteria. You run into Molly on the way there and introduce yourself. The two of you haven't met properly, so it was nice to finally get to talk to her. You continue on your way and pass a man in a tight-fitting v-neck t-shirt with his underwear peeking out from his pants. Gay, you think. You make it to the cafe and fix yourself a cup of tea in hopes to calm your nerves. Making your way back to John and Sherlock, you collide with someone as you enter the doorway. A hand grabs your hand that is holding the tea and you look up to see who you've run into.

"Don't want to spill that on yourself" he says.

You find yourself in front of the presumably gay man from the hall. Something about him looks familiar but you can't quite place it. He leaves and you stand next to Sherlock at the microscope. He stops what he's doing and turns to you.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

You close your eyes and take a deep breath in.

"Better" you sigh.

"But not good. We'll have to do something about that later" he laughs, trying to cheer you up.

You just give him a soft smile and he kisses you on the cheek.

"Two" he whispers in your ear.

He turns his attention back to the shoes and you notice that Molly is staring at you with a confused and hurt look on her face, she then storms out of the room. You ignore it and look at the trainers before you. Sherlock looks at John and places the shoes in front of him.

"Go on" he says.

John crosses his arms and looks back at Sherlock.

"No! I'm not going to sit here so you can humiliate-" he starts, but Sherlock interrupts him.