Take the Shot

John unlocks the door to the flat and you follow him inside. Sherlock is sprawled across the sofa with papers thrown everywhere and his laptop on his chest. He's fiddling with something on his arm. You look closer and see it's three nicotine patches.

"Three patches?" John shouts.

"It's a three patch problem and (Y/N) has four."
He glances at you. John turns to you and you pull off your jacket revealing the patches almost covering your arm. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Great there's two of you. Now, why did you need us?"

"Oh, yes of course. Can I borrow your phone?"

John stops and stares. There's practically steam coming from his ears.

"My phone. I was on the other side of London and you called me back so you could borrow my phone."

He's the calm kind of angry which is the scariest kind. This gives you the chance to slip out of the room. You look at your phone to find a text from your dad.

I've already moved you in, dear. Call me if you need anything at all.
XO

You smile and start down the stairs. There's an older woman coming up the steps and she stops to greet you.

"Oh, you must be (Y/N)! I'm Mrs.Hudson, your landlady." She smiles. "Give your father a hug for me, darling. Oh, and could you try to keep those boys in line? They're quite the handful."

She gives you a hug and continues upstairs. You open the door to your flat to find all of your things set up how they were at your dad's. It felt like home. The boys arguing above you remind you of the endless phone calls your dad has with Sherlock. You flop onto the sofa, but immediately get back up when you hear Sherlock calling for you. You race up the steps leaving your jacket on a chair.

"Is this going to become a regular thing?" You ask as you greet the men in their kitchen.

John gives you a look that means yes and Sherlock gestures to the suitcase in front of you.

"Yes, you found it in an alley and the murderer has the phone. I know. You two are very loud."

You sigh and Sherlock drags you and John out the door. Sherlock takes you to a small Italian restaurant rambling the whole walk there about someone you would blindly trust or whatever. You weren't really listening. You were too focused on how cold you were. It was the dead of night in London and you were in a sleeveless top. John noticed your shivering and offered you his jacket, but you told him you were fine. He didn't really believe you but he didn't push.

You sit down at the diner across from Sherlock.

"22 Northumberland Street. Keep your eyes on it." Sherlock orders.

A large man with a ponytail comes to the table.

"Sherlock!" He booms arms wide.

He leans forward on your chair and looks from you to Sherlock. You assume that he's the owner, Angelo.

"Anything on the menu, whatever you want, free! All on the house, you and your date"

He smiles at you and squeezes your shoulder.

"Oh no, I'm not his... we're not-"

"This man got me off a murder charge!" He cuts you off and puts an arm around Sherlock.

After shrugging off Angelo, Sherlock explains how he got him off of a triple-murder by proving that he was house-breaking in another part of town at the time.

"He cleared my name!" Angelo beams.

"I cleared it a bit. Anything happening opposite?" Sherlock asks.