First Day

A/N: Hey guys, I think this book is gonna be a fun one! Make sure you read the description because it contains important info! I'm super excited for this! Also, John has been living with Sherlock for a while even though this is A Study in Pink because plot.
Also, I have updated some the outfits because I realized how bad they were.
(F/H) - Favorite hairstyle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake up to your father, Greg Lestrade, shouting from down the hall,

"(Y/N), get up! You can't be late on your first day. It'll make us both look bad."

You roll your eyes and tumble out of bed. After rummaging through the closet, you decide on a black bodysuit, black ripped jeans, and a red jacket. You head into the bathroom, do your makeup, and style your hair into (F/H). There's a sharp knock on the door to your room.

 There's a sharp knock on the door to your room

"You better be up. Don't think I won't leave without you."

You open the door to your dad in a tizzy about running late.

"I'm right here, dad. Let's go" you laugh.

You start to walk past him but he stops you.

"Hey, I've got something for you. Close your eyes."

You oblige and hold out your hands. He places a small box in your hand and you open your eyes. Inside the box is a bracelet with a sweet inscription inside. (Pictured above).

"Happy first day, honey!"

He slips the bracelet onto your wrist for you and pulls you into a hug.

"Thank you so much, dad, but we really do have to get going."

He nods and you two walk to work. The flat isn't too far from Scotland Yard, and the breeze feels good in your hair. Your dad fills you in on the string of suicides that you'll be investigating today. You arrive right on time and your dad takes a few steps ahead of you.

The two of you had decided earlier to keep the whole daughter thing on the down-low to make sure that no one would suspect nepotism.

You're quickly introduced to Sally Donovan and Philip Anderson. You give a polite smile and wave but are sizing them up unbeknownst to them. You start to walk to your desk and stop by Sally.

"Stay off your knees next time. It gives it away." You smirk.

She looks at you horrified and Lestrade is stifling a laugh.

"Great, Greg. You found another freak" Sally sighs.

That doesn't bother you though. A few years ago, maybe, but you've gotten used to it. You spend most of the day setting up your desk and meeting everyone. After finishing everything, you walk into your dad's office to pester him. You hop up on the desk and tell him everything about your new coworkers. You had deduced things that even he hadn't figured out after working there for years.