Flashback's

Author note: This chapter is a Flashback Hans endures whilst asleep from the medicine Honeymaren gives him , it helps to explain what started the distance in Elsa's and Hans' marriage , the powers getting stronger and the southern Isles slowly creeping back into their lives.

"I once loved you, but I can't , not anymore" He sighed grievously , his shoulders slumped and his spirit quite clearly broken.

Her brows furrowed and her heart ached with the very words that she'd feared to hear from him. Her hands trembled as she reached out for him , yearning for him to hold her close and for this all to be a bad dream. Her shoulders dropped with defeat as all hope just shattered in one moment , his green eyes that were normally filled with love , had been replaced with bitterness and anger.

"What do you mean?"  Her voice shook as a shudder crawled down her spine. The man that she loved had betrayed her heart in such a way, he'd broken every vow they made when they were wed.

"What he means , is that who could love a monster like you? You're better off alone" Anna stands at Hans side , a hand squeezing his shoulder with a dark smile. Losing Anna , was probably more painful that anything, the one person that always brightened her day and remained loyal all that time they'd been apart.

"Anna? What are you talking about, it's me! Elsa! You saved me , you love me!" Elsa refuted crying out desperately as every emotion possible crashed Against her, she could feel her knees becoming weak.

"I did love you, yes." She paused , her voice trembling as she wiped her tears away , regaining her composure, and lifting her chin up.
         "But Not anymore , you said it yourself. You're better off alone , so be alone!"  Anna roared , her voice piercing her ears , the walls shaking as the sound repeated over and over in her head. It was all too much to bear. 

"Stop it!" Shards of ice shot from her hands , impaling all those who'd attacked her verbally , their blood spilled on the ice. Once their screams had fallen to silence she uncovered her ears and opened her eyes; a wail of horror bursts from her lips as she saw their lifeless bodies dead from her magic- Elsa couldn't help but agree with Anna, because she was right , she is a monster.

Her head flew forward from the pillow as her eyes opened , her chest heaving with fear and guilt. The reason the dream terrified her , was because all of it was very much possible. She could sympathise that Anna had been through hell , and that was her fault, her magics fault. Hans , endured extreme cruelty , more so than usual , when he was sent back by her to the southern isles following the coronation, he too had every reason to hate her.

"It's okay! It's okay." His soothing tone flooded her ears whilst he swiftly moved to embrace her , strong arms bringing her close. Her nails dug into his skin , because she was terrified that none of this was real, that he wasn't there holding her. Her cheek pressed against his chest , his heart beat thumping loudly in her ear. It grounded her slightly. Not only did she feel guilt but also she felt terrified , terrified that actually they all secretly despised her and were plotting to be rid of her as soon as possible.

"I've got you" He reassured whilst his chin settled atop her head , her breath shaking as all the weight that she'd thought had been lifted from her shoulders, came crashing back down. A sob escaped her lips , and then the bitterness of bile filled her mouth. She retches , but manages to stop herself from bringing anything up. Hans swiftly grabs the chamber pot, bringing it under Elsa's chin, holding her hair back, safe from being ruined by her vomit. Her stomach twists and finally she can't hold it back any longer , she coughs it all up.

He rubs her back.
Worried for his wife, the king's brows furrow , this had been the third night in a row of intense nightmares, which the midwives had reassured that it was simply a phase that occurs during pregnancy. He wasn't totally satisfied with that answer , he knew the pregnancy hormones had some part to play, however he also suspected that her mental anguish had something to do with this.