Gut feelings

He jolted from his sleep in a panic , he knew something terrible had happened,  that something was deeply wrong. He couldn't quite place it , it was a deep fear inside him that he couldn't shake off. The only times he had felt like this was when he was a child , and when he nearly lost Elsa.

Elsa..
Panic arose in his mind as he remembered the night before , Elsa had left with Anna to find the source of the voice. He ran his hands over his face , gripping the bridge of his nose as he carefully gathered his thoughts. 

What if she was hurt?
He shook his head , he couldn't think like this .
"You're awake!" Yelena made him flinch at the abrupt sound. The smile on her face falters when she realises the princes solemn expression. She apologises profusely.  His brows furrowed , and his expression crestfallen at this horrible feeling gnawing away inside at him. He runs a hand through his hair to neaten it in to the best of his abilities.

"Yes" He smiles at the chieftain who handed him his clothes , which Kristoff had packed ready prepared for any disaster that may come their way. He gently takes them from her hands.

"Sleep well? The herbs helped ,correct? The ones you were so stubborn to accept" She smiles folding her arms with a tiny smirk forming at the corner of her lips , which earns her a momentary glare from the king.

"Yes , for the first time in years. I struggle with nightmares" He shrugs , pulling on his shirt. 

"No wonder ,my boy, after Suffering what you have" She sighs , pausing for a moment "I can get you some herbs to take back to the kingdom with you , just brew it with your tea before bed, that should solve the issue." 

"Thank you for your kindness" He smiles , which she returns.

"I shall leave you to your privacy to get dressed." She leaves the tent.

He swiftly dresses himself , ignoring the ache in his bones , sheaths his golden sword into its scabbard and goes to leave the tent, however , there it was again, that feeling of apprehension - he felt that once he stepped out of the tent , something devastating was going to happen. He shakes his head , it's just nerves , he doesn't believe in superstition or things like that. He checks his coat to make sure that he looks presentable, even out here , far from Arendelle , as king he had to maintain appearances. He hesitantly lifts the tent flap and moves outside into the autumn breeze, he frowns, no sun and the mist was still up whilst ,Anna and Elsa were no where to be seen.

"Hans!" Kristoff shouted out for him , he sharply turned his head towards the sound and the ice harvester was gathered around one of the many campfires , sat with the reindeer enthusiast , Ryder , and lieutenant Matthias. He plasters on a small smile , and straightens his shoulders, as he'd been taught as a child.

Don't let them see how you truly feel , Hans.

He recalls his mother's words that she'd warned him with, as a child he found it all so strange , how they were not able to show affection or emotion , as a child he never realised that those words would save him from many harsh punishments , and keep him alive. His mother had faced the wrath of his father for years , she knew how his mind works , and could see the signs of the unpredictable man's moods. In her own way she was protecting her youngest son, more so than Hans would begrudgingly like to admit.

"How are you feeling?" Matthias smiles as he pats the king on the back as he comes to take his place around the fire.  Kristoff passes the king a pot of tea , which he eagerly brings to his lips , his mouth was so dry.

"I'll live" he chuckles, as he places the pot down.

"Any sign of Elsa and Anna?" Hans muses , he attempts to hide his look of fear , but fails. Kristoff and Matthias share a look , sensing the King's concern. They both shake their heads , giving Hans the answer he did not want to hear.

"I'm sure they're fine, Hans. They're tough women , they can handle themselves." Kristoff teasingly nudges his shoulder with Hans' in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I can't shake this feeling , something is wrong. My instincts are normally right about this kind of thing" he looks from Kristoff to Matthias, normally he wouldn't go off gut feelings , but instead the facts, but he couldn't ignore it , it was too strong.

"We should start looking for them" Hans states as he stands, kristoff goes to interject but is silenced as Hans raises his hand in a gesture to be quiet. He whistles , then his loyal horse comes bounding over , neighing and bouncing around on his hooves , happy to see that his owner was okay. He smiles , gently patting Sitrons muzzle , the horse rests his snout against the kings forehead affectionately.
"Good Boy" The king whispers to his horse , not wanting anyone else to hear his words.

"Hans , are you sure this is the best idea?" Kristoff stutters, as the king places a foot in the stirrups and mounts his horse. Kristoff mounts Sven his loyal reindeer.

"Of course , it's better than sitting here and doing nothing!" Hans states with urgency , Kristoff shakes his head. Matthias folds his arms , clearly frustrated.

"Your majesty , you won't be much use if you get hurt , besides you're not well yourself!" Matthias bravely confronts the king , which earns him a censuring glare , and a wince of worry from Prince Kristoff.

"She's pregnant! I can't leave her to do this alone" Hans argues with accusation in his tone, angry that they'd want him to stay behind and not search for his pregnant wife , who could very well be hurt or in danger. Kristoff intervenes, with calming tone.

"That's not what he's saying , we just need to stop and think for a moment!" Kristoff snaps at Hans.  Which earns him daggers. Kristoff raises his hands in defence , in response to the glare. Matthias tries to calm the situation but to no avail.

"The longer we all stand around doing nothing , the less time they will have if they're hurt!" Hans retorts , pulling Sitrons reigns , and squeezing with his legs slightly , Sitrons takes off in the direction of north.
Kristoff groans with frustration, and swiftly follows behind on a disgruntled Sven.