Painful Conflicts and Transformation

After he heard the news from Anna and his outburst not far from the camp, he was surprised to feel this numb, to feel empty. It felt like time had slowed to a snails pace, as if he was the only one in this grief stricken personal hell, forced to watch the world continue on as he was frozen in time.

Each breath, each step , hurt. Without her , it was like he'd forgotten how to simply breathe. He had this unmoveable weight on his chest , that seemed to weigh heavier if he allowed himself to feel. He could not allow himself to feel, the weight would only submerge him in the waters and he would drown.

Perhaps this was his mind's way of protecting him from the pain, if he was to let himself feel , the grief would swallow him whole and he feared he would never again resurface from such anguish.                                        

He turned to distracting himself.

After Anna helped him from the clearing and to the camp , he put on his practical head which stunned Anna, at how easily he could turn his emotions off in the presence of soldiers. Elsa had shared this same quality with him , they were cold, didn't let anyone other than family see their true personality , they were all about politics , business until they were in the comfort of their family.                                        

She knew Hans was switching his emotions off because he could not deal with it, before she had never seen him in such anguish emotionally. A man that would normally stand with his head held high, a powerful man , reduced to his knees , fragile and hurting.

Hans had immediately left Anna upon reaching the camp to discuss with the aged Arendellian militia on their next steps.

Anna had gotten distracted by Kristoff , and packing up to return to Arendelle, should the mist eventually fall. The dam had been broken , her kingdom washed away in the floods, her sister and nephew gone.                                                                                                               

That familiar ache returned , that feeling of loss , she did not want to return without them.

That was the worst part , she could not bury them , there was no body and Anna could not reach Atohollan not without approval of the spirits , she had no idea how she'd even ask them to bring her sisters body to them.

Elsa would have wanted to have been buried next to her parents grave stones , on the cliffs surrounding Arendelle , overlooking the Fjord. 

It stung, she had lost her entire family to Atohollan and the spirts, she felt it was fates sick way of rubbing salt in the wound, it was only fitting for her sister and nephew die in the same place as her parents.

She felt sick to her stomach as another pang of guilt wormed into her chest , she wrapped her arms around herself swallowing a sob.

She could only watch on at the camp and bustling tribe around her, Yelena was embracing her children , Honeymaren and Ryder with joy , that the truth had been found , that her gut feeling had been right all along and her father did not start this bloodshed.

Her expression soon changed when she saw the crown princess of Arendelle gazing on at their happy celebrations, a solemn expression soon replaced the once smiling one, which only caused, her children to turn towards the cause of their mothers crestfallen expression.

Anna looked away and walked on.

She saw Hans packing up with the soldiers to return home , she knew she had to try and talk to him.

"Hans!" Anna rushed to his side, he hardly acknowledged her presence and continued packing things into the cart and shouting orders to the soldiers.

Anna blocked him from reaching to lift the box of supplies off the ground.