Episode 26: The crowned Slowpoke!

Ash and Goh were asked by Professor Cerise to investigate a place called "Slowpoke island". 

Ash's POV:
When we first got to Slowpoke Island, the Slowpoke's behavior was...interesting. They seemed to be biting each other's tales and forming a Slowpoke circle. Them biting each other's tails reminded me that Slowpoke evolve into Slowbro when a Shellder bite their tails.

For some reason, I was feeling hungry. I was confused as to why, as we had breakfast before coming here. Maybe the trip was longer than I realized? Either way, I remembered to bring my noodles this trip for just in case I got hungry.

"Really, Ash? We came here to research the Slowpoke, not have noodles" Goh said. "I don't know why, but I feel like time moved faster." I responded.

Suddenly, a Slowking came in

Suddenly, a Slowking came in. I honestly forgot it existed because I hadn't seen it since Johto, which was 2 years ago. It seemed to like noodles, as it was eating noodles at the moment. It went up to me, and seemed to want my noodles.

Goh's POV:

So that's a Slowking. 

"Slowking, the royal Pokemon. A Water/Psychic type. 

Miraculously, this former Slowpoke's latent intelligence was drawn out when Shellder poison raced through its brain."
"So the Shellder's giving Slowking it's intelligence!" I exclaimed. "So you want my noodles?" Ash asked the Slowking. The Slowking nodded. Ash then proceeded to give it the noodles, and Slowking...gave Ash it's crown. "Uh, Ash, are you ok?" I asked, concerned.

"I'M EXCELLENT!" Ash responded. "I HAVE BECOME A SLOWPOKE MASTER! I AM NO LONGER NAMED ASH...I AM ASHKING!" He explained. "More like weirdking..." I responded. "NOW DON'T BE RUDE, YOUNG GOH." Ashking yelled. Why did he refer to me as young Goh? I know I'm 3 years younger than him, but still. "Get that crown off your head, Ash!" I yelled.

"That is out of the question, young Goh. I need to be who I am, and I need to liberate the Slowpoke from humankind!" Ashking exclaimed. "You may want to liberate Slowpoke from humankind, but I disagree! Now I'm taking that crown off your head!" I declared.

 "You may want to liberate Slowpoke from humankind, but I disagree! Now I'm taking that crown off your head!" I declared

I tried grabbing the crown, but Ashking just dodged it with no trouble. "Now now, I must be who I am. And you can do nothing to change that!" he said. I needed to think. What could I do to get that crown off of his head? Hold on, if I recall correctly, Gengar knows psychic...so if I can grab Gengar's pokeball off of him, I can tell it to use psychic!

"Alright then, young Goh, I think it's time for you to become a Slowbro! Bring the Shellder!" Ashking commanded. Now was my chance! I got up close to him and grabbed Gengar's pokeball. I let Gengar out of it's pokeball and told it to use psychic.

Ash's POV:

I...what just happened? I just got controlled by that crown. Good thing Gengar took it off of me...wait. Oh no. The crown is on Gengar now. You know what this means...

"Gen-Gengar!" Yep. Gengar was being controlled by the crown. It seemed to be throwing random shadow balls in random directions, yet the Slowpoke took a while to be affected. Seems that's a Slowpoke trait.

I can't just stand by and watch. I need to do something. "Go, Dragonite! Use dragon dance!" Dragonite started stacking up those dragon dances. Gengar responded with night shade. "Alright now, use dragon claw!" Dragon claw seemed to do major damage, but Gengar didn't like that and used ice punch, doing major damage.

Slowking, seeing all the fighting going on, decided it was time to end this nonsense and used psychic, taking back it's crown.

"Well that was weird..." I said. Slowking seemed sorry about all the trouble it caused. "It's ok, you were just trying to be nice" Goh told Slowking. Slowking then pulled a pokeball out from my pocket with psychic. "I get it, Slowking. As an apology about what just happened, you want to come with me!" I exclaimed. Slowking nodded and dropped the pokeball on it's head.

"I was hoping to catch that Slowking..." Goh said, sadly. "I guess you can't expect to catch every Pokemon you encounter!" I told Goh.

A few hours later...

"So Slowking's crown controls the one wearing it, and Slowpoke take longer to feel pain! This is great research data!" Professor cerise excitedly said. "Yeah, and I'm glad I made a new friend in Slowking!" I responded.

And so, as Ash and Goh continue to research the Pokemon world, Ash has made a new friend! We'll see what more friends they make, as the journey continues!