Episode 40: The tournament! Chloe vs Serena!

(I couldn't find a better image ok)

Chloe and Eevee have already become great friends, and even Raboot is feeling better! However, Goh is still feeling down.

"Goh, I know you lost to that guy pretty hard, but you don't need to be so down-" Chloe told Goh, before getting interrupted. "YOU DON'T GET IT, DO YOU??? RABOOT WAS SERIOUSLY HURT IN THAT FIGHT, AND BOTH HIM AND ASH TOLD ME I'M NOT TRAINING RIGHT." Goh yelled at her.

"Stop fighting you two!" Ash called in Dragonite to give them both a hug. "Fighting is going to get you nowhere. But she is right, Goh shouldn't be so mad." Ash meant that, but was being sort of sneaky, as calming them down wasn't the reason he got Dragonite to hug Goh and Chloe. "Heh, I saw her blushing at Goh, she can't hide it from me." Ash thought in his head.

"I heard there's a tournament going on with a prize of all the money needed! There are only three spots, so why don't you all enter?" Professor Cerise Asked them. All three seemed to want to enter!

At the tournament...

On the day the tournament started, Ash looked at the brackets. He seemed to be in the 1st battle. He saw the 2nd, and Goh seemed to be up next. The rest were no one he knew, till he saw the last one: Chloe. She was up against another girl. He took a closer look, and her opponent shocked him: Serena.

It seems apparent that Serena has developed a taste for battle while she was in Hoenn. This makes sense, as contests have battling in them.

Ash decided that he should search for where Serena is. He located her, and waved. She automatically came straight for him. "Ash! I knew you'd be joining!" Serena was excited, even if she saw him recently. She then saw Ash and Goh were hanging out with her opponent. "Wait, you're friends with my opponent?!" She asked Ash. "Who? Chloe? Yep! She's new to Pokemon, so go easy on her!" Ash answered. Serena nodded.

The tournament began! Ash's opponent sent out a Charizard. The perfect training for Leon! "Go, Slowking!" Ash sent out his Slowking. It turned out, his opponent was a competitor in the world championships too! 

"Alright, Slowking, let's start out strong! Use surf!" Slowking surfed on Charizard. Charizard was injured, but took it. "Now, Charizard, sunny day!" Charizard put up a sunny day. Yet the sun seemed to hurt Charizard. "The sun will affect your surf's power! Slowking, calm mind to prevent that!" Ash was not taking any chances.

"You know what's coming, it seems! Charizard, solar beam!" the opponent's Charizard shot a solar beam, and it almost knocked out Slowking. The sun seemed to continue to hurt Charizard. Ash was shocked, as while he expected solar beam, he didn't expect that much damage. "Slowking, surf!" Slowking surfed on Charizard, and it was down and out.

"Charizard is unable to battle, Slowking is the winner!" the rotom drone declared. One Pokemon down, one Pokemon to go. "Ash, I might as well tell you why Slowking nearly got knocked down. Charizard's ability is Solar power, an ability that boosts special attack in the sun, but sacrifices health." Ash finally understood. "Now, Venusaur, you're up!" Venusaur stared into Slowking menacingly.

"And out comes a Venusaur! Although Grass is super effective against Water, Psychic is super effective against poison. This is an even match up! However, Slowking has taken lots of damage." The announcer announced. "Now Slowking, recover!" Ash never halts at pulling out tricks!

"Venusaur, vine whip, and don't stop!" Venusaur was quick to reach Slowking, surprisingly. It was beating Slowking ferociously. "Slowking, stay calm! Use calm mind!" Slowking nodded. It ignored the pain. It stayed calm for multiple minutes, even with all of the beating it was receiving from vine whip. "Now, Slowking, recover!" Slowking recovered health.