Episode 43: Gardevoir's beauty!

(This would've released a long time ago but I didn't know what to name it)

Our heroes were given tickets to Hoenn by Professor Cerise, and they decided to watch a contest!

"I kind of want to participate, as I've watched my friends Dawn and May do their contests, plus I think Serena would be happy if I did!" Ash told his friends. "That  sounds like a great idea Ash!" Goh responded. "Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a contest before!" Chloe added.

"Alright then, I'll gladly do so! Problem is, aside from Dragonite, I don't think my Pokémon on my current team will do so well..." Ash said.

They decided to look around Fallarbor town, where they saw a Gardevoir practicing it's moves. It  seemed to be interested in contests! It also seemed it didn't have a trainer yet.

 It  seemed to be interested in contests! It also seemed it didn't have a trainer yet

"Hello there!" Ash greeted the Gardevoir. It seemed startled at first. "No need to be afraid! I see you look interested in contests. You can participate in the contest with me!" Flattered, Gardevoir smiled. Ash threw a pokeball, and he caught it!

The next day...

"Alright! If you want to participate in this contest, you'll need this card, and you'll need to enter two Pokemon. One for the performance round, and one for the battle round. And you'll need a contest pass." The receptionist told Ash. "I know this already, I watched every one of May's contests up until Johto, even if I spent lots of time training while she did it, and I even participated in one with Dawn in Sinnoh, so I have a contest pass! My Pokemon I'm entering are Dragonite for the performance round and Gardevoir for the battling round!" Ash explained.

Ash and Dragonite are up first. "Alright, Dragonite, let's start out with dragon dance!" Dragonite started dragon dancing, and the crowd was loving it! "Dragonite's dragon dancing is helping make Dragonite stronger and faster!" Vivian, the announcer announced. "Alright Dragonite, dragon claw!" Ash threw a ball in the air, and Dragonite easily slashed the ball up, and the ball sparkled! "Wow, although that technique is used a lot, it's still amazing!" Vivian pointed out.

"Alright now, follow it up with hurricane!" Dragonite whipped up some powerful winds. "Hold onto your seats, or you'll be blown away!" Vivian joked, although after what happened with Ash's rematch with Korinna, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Dragonite finished by hugging Ash. "The fact that Dragonite gives it's trainer a hug shows the great bond between trainer and Pokemon!"

When the performance round ended, Ash saw that he made it to round 2. "Ash and Dragonite were really in sync with each other!" Goh and Chloe pointed out. In his first round, he was up against a Shiftry. "Gardevoir, start out with calm mind!" Gardevoir started out by using calm mind. "Shiftry, use leaf storm!" It's trainer commanded. "Gardevoir, jump and dodge!" Gardevoir jumped around to dodge the attack. "What an impressive dodge!" Ash's opponent's points dropped. "Now, dazzling gleam!" Gardevoir's dazzling gleam was too much for Shiftry, and it was knocked out.

Ash's 2nd round battle went well too. And then it was time for the final round. "Wow, Ash has been doing pretty good!" Goh said. "Gardevoir's battling skills are not only really beautiful, but also really strong!" Chloe added. Ash's opponent for the final round was a trainer with a Smeargle.

"Alright Gardevoir, dazzling gleam!" Ash commanded. "Smeargle, double team!" Smeargle created clones of itself to dodge. "Wow, a fantastic double team!" Vivian announced. Ash's points went down a little. "Now Smeargle, use sketch!" Smeargle sketched dazzling gleam and then used it. Ash's points dropped more.

"This is not good..." Goh got worried and got flashbacks to when Inteleon easily swept Raboot. "Don't worry, it's not over, we know we won't give in!" Ash was determined. "Gardevoir, calm mind then psybeam in every direction!" Gardevoir listened to Ash's command and it did a lot to Smeargle. Smeargle's trainer's points skyrocketed down. Three minutes remained.

"Smeargle, poison jab!" Smeargle came up to Gardevoir and was about to jab it with it's paintbrush. "Gardevoir, reflect!" Gardevoir used reflect to weaken poison jab, which made Smeargle vulnerable, along with making it lose some points. "Gardevoir, dazzling gleam!" Gardevoir's dazzling gleam hit Smeargle directly. Only 2 minutes remained.

"Smeargle, stop!" Smeargle was confused as to why it's trainer commanded it to stop pushing. "You've given it your best and I'm proud of you, but you've taken a lot. It's best we just stop fighting here." It's trainer obviously cared about it's pokemon a lot, and Ash respected that. "Since Smeargle's trainer has given up, Ash is the winner!" Vivian declared. Ash was handed the ribbon, and he gave it to Gardevoir.

"Wow, Pokemon contests sure are amazing!" Chloe excitedly told Ash. "I'd like to see more in the future!" She added. "Well, if you really want to, then as long as Gardevoir is OK with it!" Ash told her. Gardevoir smiled at the thought of it.

And so, although Chloe hasn't figured out her dream still, she sure is interested in contests! And Ash has caught a new Pokemon: Gardevoir! There are more exciting adventures to come, as the journey continues!

To be continued...

I'm sorry I've been writing so slowly. It's so hard to find time to write when I've got my school torturing me and I'm working on so much on scratch. Fortunately, spring break is very soon, so hopefully I'll at least have the Alola return (which starts next episode) done by the end of it.

@AnimePokeWorld and @HahaDieTrash had some ideas for it I'll try to use!