Episode 35: Ash's depression! Goh and Pikachu, and the girl from Kalos?

Ever since Ash lost to Bea, he's been feeling pretty down, like he's not good anymore.

"Ash, are you ok?" Goh asked. "Why should I be ok? I got utterly destroyed against Bea. Neither Riolu or Farfetch'd could do anything..." Ash depressingly said. "Pi-pika?" "Riolu riolu?" Pikachu and Riolu were both worried for Ash.

"Ash, could you at least help me get a Pikachu?" Goh asked. However, he got no response from Ash. He realized he was alone for this one. He just walked away.

Nearby in Vermillion city...

Ash went by one of the ledges in Vermillion. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He couldn't stop thinking about how utterly destroyed both Farfetch'd and Riolu were. He couldn't stop. Sobble seemed to have followed him.

Ash sighed. "Why...why couldn't Riolu and Farfetch'd do anything? Why? Am I...destined to lose? Is it impossible for me to become the world champion?" Sobble could feel how upset Ash was, and it was making it upset too. Sobble then started crying, which, obviously, made Ash cry too.

Dragonite flew in and came to hug Sobble. It's hug quickly calmed Sobble down.

Dragonite tried hugging Ash, but he just yelled at it and said "Stop Dragonite! All you're doing is making it worse!" that made Dragonite sad

Suddenly, a snowball hit Ash right in the face! Ash was confused, as it wasn't winter. However, he quickly remembered. The last time he was depressed like this, he was in Kalos, and got utterly destroyed by Wulfric's Avalugg. His "girlfriend" Serena got him to snap out of it by throwing snowballs at him.

"How about you be the real Ash?" A girl's voice said. Ash recognized said voice. It was Serena!

"Serena! Thanks for coming! I was feeling really down! I sure needed that!" Ash told her. "Ash! You're back! I've grown so much while in Hoenn!" Serena told him. "Yeah? Oh Serena, I wish I could tell you all that's happened! I became the Alola champion, and now I'm travelling all around the world with my friend Goh! And while doing that, I've been competing in the world championships!" Ash told her.

"Wow Ash! You sure have done a lot since Kalos! Glad you were actually able to win! Still a shame about your battle with Diantha though..." She told him. "Yeah, I'm still upset about that battle...the reason why I got depressed again is because I battled one of the gym leaders from that region called Galar, and she utterly destroyed me..." Ash informed her.

"Well, now that I've gotten actual battle experience, why don't you battle me?" Serena asked. "Really? That sounds great!" Ash exclaimed.

Back at Cerise park...

"Wow Ash! You sure have caught lots of new Pokemon on your current journey!" Serena told him. "Would you like to see my Pokemon?" She asked Ash. "Sure! I'd love too!" Ash answered.

She sent out her Pokemon. Before they left in Kalos, her team consisted of Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon. But now, her team was Delphox, Pancham, Sylveon,  Altaria, Azumarill, and, to Ash's surprise, a Pikachu!