Episode 36: Ash gets back on his game! Goh vs Flygon!

Ash is now back to working on his world championships rankings. Currently, he is in a double battle!

"Riolu, use force palm! And Farfetch'd, use night slash!" Ash commanded his Pokemon. Farfetch'd slams it's opponent with it's large leek. Riolu uses it's aura to do big damage to the other one.

"Don't give up! Mightyena, use snarl! Linoone, use surf!" The trainer commanded. His Pokemon used a duel attack. It seemed to knock the wind out of Riolu and Farfetch'd, but they quickly recovered. "Now Farfetch'd and Riolu, let's end this! Reversal and brick break!" The two attacks made a direct hit, and it was all over for them.

"Linoone and Mightyena are unable to battle! Riolu and Farfetch'd are the winner! Thus, the winner is Ash from pallet town!" The Rotom drone declared. "Yeees! You did it, guys!" Ash was happy to win. "As a result of today's battle, there has been a change in the rankings!" The Rotom drone announced.

Ash checked his rank and he was at rank 890. Back to where he was before.

Small time skip (nothing interesting happens during that time, ok?)

Ash is looking down at the rest of Vermilion city with Sobble, thinking about how big the world is. Suddenly, his phone starts ringing, saying there's a world championships challenge being issued. He accepts the challenge. "Alright Sobble, ready for a battle?" Sobble seemed determined.

"Today's world championships battle will be a one on one! Now, let the battle between Ash from Pallet town and Flame (yes this is an actual name. No I don't know why. I couldn't think of any fire trainer names, ok?) from Cinnabar island begin!" The Rotom drone announced. "Really? A Sobble? In the super class? Well, I know all of my Pokemon are fire types, so I'm at a disadvantage. So here we go, Charmeleon!" Flame sent out his Charmeleon.

"We may have the type advantage, but don't get too overconfident! Sobble, water gun!" Sobble shot it's water at the Charmeleon in the face. Now obviously it didn't like that. "Alright Charmeleon, use slash!" Charmeleon ran up to Sobble and slashed it. Sobble didn't like that.

"Sobble! Don't worry, and use pound!" Sobble shook off the pain and slapped the Charmeleon. "Charmeleon! Smokescreen!" The smoke got in Sobble's eyes and it couldn't see. "Now Charmeleon, use fling!" Charmeleon flung it's lagging tail at Sobble to slow it down.

Goh was watching the battle and said "So Flame gave his Charmeleon a lagging tail to fling at it's opponent! A clever strategy!"

"Sobble! Use water gun!" Sobble shot a water gun, but it missed. "Hah! You two are so pathetic, I bet even a fire move could beat you! Charmeleon, flamethrower!" Flamethrower seemed to do a lot to Sobble, but not enough to knock it out.

"Sobble, don't give up!" Ash called out to his Pokemon. Sobble was determined, as it ran up to Charmeleon and coiled it with it's tail. "That must be bind!" Ash exclaimed. Charmeleon tried escaping, but to no evail. "Now Sobble, water gun!" The water gun had done enough to knock out Charmeleon.

"Charmeleon is unable to battle, Sobble is the winner! Thus, the victory goes to Ash, from pallet town!" The Rotom drone declared.

"Alright Sobble! You did it!" Ash hugged Sobble. Sobble smiled. "As a result of today's battle, there has been a change in the rankings!" The Rotom drone announced. Ash checked his rank, and he was sitting at a nice 875.

 Ash checked his rank, and he was sitting at a nice 875

A few hours later...

"We've recently heard reports of strange singing and a sandstorm by Mauville city." Professor Cerise informed the young researchers. "I would like you two to go check it out." The Professor asked. Ash and Goh nodded and headed out.

One day later...

Ash and Goh arrive in Mauville city. Immediately they hear the singing, and it causes them to feel weird and head towards the sandstorm without being able to control themselves.

When they get close to it, they come back to their senses. "The singing must have hypnotized us! I know it sounds a bit crazy, but we need to enter to figure it out!" Ash decided.

They both went into the sandstorm. Inside they found a few people who seemed to be hypnotized. It was hard to see. Thankfully, professor cerise gave them goggles so they could see in the sandstorm.

Ash and Goh were able to see hypnotized people. They could still hear the singing. They looked up and found out what is singing. A Flygon. "And I'm gonna catch it!" Goh declared.

Ash sent out Sobble, since Pikachu would do no good against Flygon. Goh, as always, sends out Raboot. Flygon was angry, as they could tell. The ground started rumbling. "Sobble, jump up!" Ash commanded. "You too Raboot!" Sobble jumped up, and so did Raboot, and they avoided damage. "Now Sobble, use water gun!" Ash commanded. "Raboot, use ember!" Goh commanded. Water gun and ember both hit Flygon, but it barely fazed it.

Flygon used dragon breath on the two starters. They both were hit hard. "Don't give up Sobble! Use water gun again!" Ash had faith in his Pokemon. "Raboot, try double kick!" Goh also had faith. The water gun did the same, but the double kick knocked Flygon out of the air.

Now Flygon was really mad. Meteors were raining down from the sky. "Dodge it!" Ash and Goh said in unison. Raboot and Sobble tried dodging, but Sobble got hit by a meteor and started crying. "Goh! You handle Flygon! Me and Dragonite will calm Sobble down!" Ash told Goh. Goh wasn't worried.

While Dragonite was hugging Sobble, Flygon was staring down menacingly at Raboot. "Raboot, use quick attack!" Goh commanded. Raboot rammed into Flygon, and the damage seemed to be stacking up on Flygon. Flygon made the ground shake again, and Goh realized what it was using: earthquake. It hurt Raboot a lot. But it wasn't time to give up.

Flygon used dragon breath and Goh realized what to do. "Raboot, quick attack to get up close and avoid getting hit!" Goh commanded. Raboot nodded, and when it got up close, it stopped. "Now Raboot, use ember!" Raboot used ember up close, and Flygon caught fire. It was burned! "Now, Pokeball, go!" The Pokeball hit Flygon, shaked a bit, and stopped. Flygon was caught!

"Great job, Goh! You're doing a great job!" Ash told him. Now that Flygon was caught, the hypnotized people went back to their senses and headed home, and the sandstorm subsided.

Back at Cerise park...

Flygon was being somewhat of a lone dragon. Dragonite tried hugging it, but it didn't like that. "Well, I guess Pokemon do have many different personalities, right?" Ash said. Everyone laughed and agreed with Ash. However, all of the Pokemon enjoyed Flygon's singing.

Ash continues to climb up in the ranks, and Goh continues to catch more Pokemon. However, both of their journeys are about to take a dramatic turn...

To be continued...