nine.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

•••

AMELIA WOKE UP ALONE, just a note from Enola telling her she would be back later in the afternoon. Amelia was left to sit in boredom in the room, afraid to venture into the streets alone. Though part of her wished she could go find Tewksbury and explore the city with him. She was quite worried for the boy, being alone and hunted by the brown bowler hat man. She hoped the big city was enough for him to blend in and stay safe, but granted he wasn't the smartest when it came to careful and potentially life-threatening decisions.

When Enola finally returned she was covered in mud, bruises and cuts. Amelia was immediately concerned and helped the girl clean up her injuries. Enola was quick to explain where she went and who she visited, mentioning her Mother's plans and the warehouse she found. Just like she had imagined, the bowler hat man was back, and he was on Tewksbury's trail. He happened to try and kill Enola, and Amelia was relieved she wasn't there too. While Enola was being trained in almost every self defense class there was, Amelia was being forced to attend grand Ball's and play dress up.

After Enola was cleaned up, she revealed her plan to Amelia... well about Amelia. Enola felt bad for Tewksbury, and the bowler hat man wad a stunt in her plan, so she had to find him, and to do so she needed information. Enola had to pretend to be a widow, which wasn't the problem. The problem was that Amelia could not come along for the journey. She was to stay and get Sherlock off of their trail, as he edged closer and closer to finding his younger sister. Amelia understood how important it was that he didn't, find them. Enola would be sent away to finishing school.

Both the girls settled down for sleep hoping for a calm day ahead, but little did they know, things were just beginning.

•••

[unedited]

short filler
im not that inspired with this book anymore, but im trying to get it done haha