Chapter 23

You stayed in bed for the next 24 hours listening to Tara's instructions while everyone else cleaned up the mess that was left behind from the Saviours.

Laying in bed was driving you crazy, especially since you didn't need as much sleep as normal people, so you had even more time to lay and stare at the ceiling. Rosita wasn't on bed rest and she was shot to, but apparently that wasn't a good enough argument.

Tara wanted you to stay in bed for longer, Daryl siding with her as well which you should have seen coming, but you didn't listen to them. You couldn't do it for any longer and they both must have realised there was no point in arguing about it because they finally agreed to let you get up.

The wound was still fresh despite you believing that it would heal quickly, but that didn't seem to be the case. Damnit Chuck for wrecking your powers.

You could walk around without any issues, but bending over and picking stuff up hurt, a lot. So, you avoided doing anything like that. Even climbing the ladder to the watch platform was too much, so there wasn't much you could around the community.

Rick and the others had started to get a plan up and running. A final plan to take out the Saviours. He had messengers going to and from Hilltop and Kingdom giving details and information about the plan. Daryl even had Dwight slipping him information from the Sanctuary via paper attached to crossbow bolts.

It was on the second day that the plan was finally set in motion. Rick and Daryl kept you up to date with the plan and although you had to admit it was a good plan, you didn't like it. They were going to trap Negan and his men inside the Sanctuary by louring the herd of walkers into the community and blocking them all inside. Then they were going to all split off into teams and go from outpost to outpost just like your brothers and Dwight had suggested.

It was a good plan. In theory it should work. But, your brothers were still inside the Sanctuary. They were locked up because of Negan and that meant they would be inside while the Sanctuary was surrounded by walkers and that didn't sit right with you.

But, it was the only plan and you didn't have any better ideas, so you kept your mouth shut.

Rosita and yourself had tried to convince the group to take you with them, insisting that they needed the two of you, but they refused and told you both to stay back, rest and look after Alexandria. Michonne was in the same boat, but she was still beat pretty bad and didn't even try and argue like you and Rosita did. But, in the end the three of you stayed behind and watched the others drive off.

There wasn't much to actually do around the community, especially since you couldn't even stand on the watch platform and keep watch. You really missed your fast healing, this sucked.

You ended up spending most your time sitting with Judith and reading comic books with Carl. You had forgotten how good Marvel comics were. Sam used to have a whole collection when you were kids and you'd both stay up late reading them with a torch under your blankets while Dean made fun of you.

By the time the sun was setting behind the walls of Alexandria you were getting worried. Others had come back already and told you that the plan was a success, but said that Rick and Daryl had gone after the garbage people to try and make another deal with them which you weren't too happy about.

The garbage people had double-crossed you, they couldn't be trusted. They would probably double cross you again, you couldn't risk that. And Rick and Daryl sure as hell shouldn't be risking it by going to their community and asking for their help. They could kill them on the spot if they wanted to and you weren't there to help them.

You stayed by the front gate while Rosita stood on the watch platform, ignoring her attempts at getting you to go home and rest. But, like hell you were going home to rest when Rick and Daryl were out still out there.