Chapter 3

The next week went by eerily quieter than usual. Nothing happened. Literally nothing happened.

There weren't any mysterious cases popping up like there usually was, not even a simple salt and burn or anything. It was like all the supernatural creatures had just disappeared off the face of the earth and you hated how neither you or Cas could access angel radio anymore.

However, a few days later, that's when it all started.

It began with a few reports coming from Australia about people turning cannibal and attacking other people. At first you didn't think much of it, but then it started happening in other counties and eventually it hit the states.

Everyone had been told to stay indoors until this whole thing blew over, but the four of you knew that it wouldn't blow over. You all hit the books in the bunkers library searching for anything that you could find that might help, but there was nothing.

Three days later, electricity and phone service was cut. Luckily, the bunker had a backup generator that could last for a few months, so you were fine for now. But, the world outside wasn't.

The dead were walking.

The government, all law enforcement, businesses, everything was gone and there was no way of contacting your friends to see if they were safe or not. You had no idea if Daryl was safe.

You all stayed inside the bunker, going over every single book and artefact in the library, but after a whole month of just searching for a cure to this thing, it was clear that there wasn't. This is what Chuck meant. This was the end.

Eventually the food and water in the bunker began to run out and the four of you started to scavenge the nearby town for supplies.

You very quickly learnt that the zombies only went down with a headshot and although they may seem slow and stupid in small numbers, if you came across a large group of them, you were screwed.

Noise and blood attracted them, if you got bitten or scratched then you'd become one of them. Although, you weren't sure if Cas could heal a zombie bite or not, or if you could either, but your powers were screwed anyway, and you didn't feel like going through that pain to try. You weren't even sure if the zombies could turn you or Cas, but they could turn humans and you weren't going to let your brothers become one of them.

You, Cas and your brothers stayed together. If one of you wanted to go out and scavenge, then you all went. You have come across a few other survivors over the months, most of them just wanting to rob you, which never ended well for them.

The wound on your shoulder had healed up eventually, leaving a dark circular scar in its place. The generator in the bunker ran out of fuel a few weeks ago and although you had scavenged a lot of gas cans worth of fuel, you saved them mostly for the Impala in case you needed to make a quick getaway. You had torches, lanterns and candles set up inside the bunker, so you could see inside because it wasn't like you just crack a window in the bunker to let light in.

It was hard not to use your powers though. Since you found out that you were a Nephilim, you had used your powers probably every day ever since, so it was hard to kick the habit. Even if it was to just move a bottle of beer closer to you, you'd just do it automatically without thinking and pay the price not a second later when pain seared through your head. Chuck was probably laughing at you from wherever he got sent to after he died. Asshole.

Since the dead started to walk, you hadn't seen or heard about any other supernatural creatures running around outside. You were starting to get the feeling that it was because Chuck had killed all the other supernatural creatures, leaving just humans and the zombies. The ultimate zombie apocalypse. But, why keep you and Cas alive? Probably just so you could live and see the world end, fucking Chuck.