Chapter 18

Jisoo's P. O. V

"The second test will be a test of speed." The King began his speech. "First one to catch their flags and bring them back down wins." I turn around to see some of the non-competing warriors pull endless poles in the dome. Only now I realise that it is not a completely shut dome. The poles are thin and at least 25 meters high. On top of them is a little flag. The bottom is supported by a massive stone, probably keeping it from falling over.

"This time the last two to get down will get eliminated. Lets begin." I walked up to one of the poles as Taehyung takes place next to me. I dry my hands on my black sweatpants and waited for the sign. The young warrior that just got out of the last round stands in front of us.

"Everybody ready? Three.. Two.. One.. Go!" I grabbed the pole and swang myself up. Next to me Taehyung moves in strong fast moves. His legs circled around the pole while his arms do most of the work. I let my legs off the pole and pull myself up by my arms. The muscles in my arms instantly tightened while i kept pulling myself up.

I'm almost at the flag when Taehyung slides down next to me. I pushed myself forward, focused only on the flag and grabbed it. I slowly back down, after a few seconds I realized this is not gonna work. I saw Taehyung  is already halfway down as I still have  a long way to go. Putting the flag beneath my teeth tightly I let go of the pole. I fall down, the wind filling my ears. I let a force of wind coming underneath me, slowing down my fall. Only a second after Taehyung is down, I set my foot on grass too.

I heard whispers among the crowd but my eyes are completely focused on Taehyung, who looks pissed. Pissed is an understatement even. The vein in his head is popping out again and his jaw are so tightly together, I'm afraid he's going to break them.

"I see our Princess had some tricks up on her sleeve." Aerin winked at me.

"The third test is my favorite one. Each of will get a cloth with a smell in it. The smell belongs to one of our pack members who have been 'kidnapped'. Free them and bring them back here. The last three will be eliminated. Good luck boys..... and Princess." The King announced the third test before he seated.

We are all placed in a line next to the dome. The witch walked up to me with a cloth. She handed it to me, I took it from her and smelled it. Her eyes scanned me before she took a small bow and stepped away. What was that about? One of the eliminates from last round set us on our marks. He counts down while I play with the wind, letting different scents come to me. The moment the warrior said Go! I was running like a cheetah.

I smiled to myself. The person they have given me is Jihoon. By fighting him the other day his scent is already saved deeply in my brain. Though it only seems fair since all of the pack members already know each other. I jumped beneath the tree line shifting into my wolf form. I can smell him but I can't see him. I looked up to the trees until I spotted ropes among one of them. I circle around it and made sure that is Jihoon. He looked down at me with a grin. I let my flames do the work in cutting ropes. Still smiling Jihoon doesn't move. I growled for him to come down. But he didn't even move an inch. Okay! Time for plan B. Letting a force of wind hitting him, he swang off the branch. He was falling down, trying to grab branches on his way down. I pushed him away everytime one comes near. Letting the wind slow him down a bit but enough for him to fall painfully on his ass. He scowls at me and I whip my head up in the air, as if to say: pffft.  I growled at him once more and this time he followed me.

When we got back to the starting point, I saw Taehyung already freed his hostage. She is a woman from around his age with a long brunette curly hair. Jealousy suddenly hit me, before I can stop myself a growl escaped from my mouth. Taehyung and that girl both turned towards me. Taehyung's eyes is full of amusement but the girl looked annoyed. I spot her hand on Taehyung's arm and I growled once more. I let my paws set on fire and this does seem to started the girl. She let go of his arm.

Next to me, Jihoon poked my side as a signal. I saw my distraction with Taehyung caused for someone else to come in. I quickly walked behind the startline and the witch came up to me once more.

"Good job, witchwolf. Show them how we stand in battle." I looked at her puzzled, but she just put a pair of clothes near me and walked away.

What with that girl again? What is she saying?