Chapter 40

The double doors on our left opened with a loud bang. I don't flinch nor I look that way. By the way people are bowing I know it's the King. I can hear his footsteps echo through the room. He stops in front of me. I stare at him intensly. Internally hating him with all I am. He studies me for a moment before he walks away. The King takes place on the platform I have been whipped on.

"Bring him in." His voice fills the place, ripping my ears. A door opens and Jaemin walks the. He is holding a chain, my father at the end of it. I grit my teeth together as I see Jaemin drag my father along on the floor. People moved to make a way towards the platform. My father's eyes or must I say eye finds mine. One of his eyes is bruised so badly that it's shut. Why isn't he healing? Tears well up and I can feel Taehyung's grip my hand tighter. But it doesn't comfort me at all.

"I AM THE KING. I am the one who has kept you all fed, who has kept wars at bay. I'm the one who has protected your pups, giving them a place in MY pack. I do not fight with traitors." My father is laying on the platform. Now I can see why he didn't walk himself. One of his legs is twisted in a weird angle. A sob comes from Aerin's mouth, I stare at the tears streaming on her face. She looks at me in an apological way. All my feelings seem to be on lock down. I'm surprisingly calm. My gaze slowly turns back to my father. The King also turns his head towards my father.

"Any last words, traitor?" He asked. Dad stares at me. His face is wrenched in pain. A tear slips down my cheek, i follow it with my eyes when it falls on the ground. I don't feel the pain it reflects. I just stare at it, unable to look at the broken body of my father.

"Jisoo.." His voice is soft and filled with pain. "Jisoo... Please. Never forget that we loved you. You were our light in the dark, the heart beating in our chests." Realization hits me. My mother wouldn't survive without her mate. "I would walk through the depts of hell for you, my beautiful pup. Never forget."

"That's enough. Pull him up." Jaemin grabs my father by his hair, putting him up straight. I still don't feel anything. My heart beats slowly and my breathing is even. No more tears are falling. A silver sword appears out of nowhere. I can see the King's grip on it so tightly that his knuckles are white. Taehyung's thumb softly caresses my hand. I look at it swiftly before brining my gaze back up to the king.

The King brings the sword up. Evey thing happens in slow motion. One moment he is about to strike my father, the next moment he is on fire. I look at him numb, his scream mix with one of the wolves in the room. Taehyung pulls my arm wildly, i turn my head away from the King to look at him. Why is he so panicked? My brows fur in confusion before I realize, my gaze is being interrupted by fire. I look down at myself, staring at the flames licking my skin. I almost smile at the beauty of it. I turn my gaze back to the King. He is locked in flames that didn't touch him. The King meets my eyes in anger and fear..? His skin looks burned and raw. I turned my gaze towards my father. He is lying on the floor but still alive. Jaemin has stepped back from him. Behind him people are screaming and running to get away. Taehyung pulls my arm once more, gaining my attention.

"What have you done?" I shake my head at him. "You have to run now! Jisoo, wake up. You need to run! He will kill you." His words reach me but they hold no meaning. Run? Run where to? And why would I run? I'm not the one hurt by the flames. I look down at myself to check. No, I'm not hurt.

"Do you hear me? I don't want you here! I don't want you as my Mate! Now go away! Run!" A stab of pain goes through my heart as his words sink in.

"But..." I started.

"NO! YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING. GO AWAY." I gasp. Pain gushing through my body. I search his face for any lies, but I don't see any. He is rejecting me? The truth of it hurts so much that I stop breathing. What I will do without him?

"Jisoo... Help.." My father's voice brings me back. Fury hits me with such a force that I almost stumble towards him. Jaemin steps closer but I threw a fireball at him. It hits him right in the chest, sending him back through the air and landing on a bench. I bend down to my father and lay my hands on his leg. Magic flows through me as I hear his leg mild into its place again. I put my hands on his chains, burning them through. He slowly gets up, now being able to stand on his leg.

"I WILL KILL YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME? NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU." The King that once sounded intimidating now sound small. I smile sadly at him.

"I hope you do." I whisper before grabbing my father's arm and walking out of the room. I can't stay here.

"Don't worry, babygirl. I'll protect you. Let's go, they are already waiting for us." I didn't ask who they are, numbness once more taking over me. My heart is lost, shattered and left at Taehyung's feet.

Outside I turn around to look at his house for the last time. People are running around the field trying to get away from me. Aerin's hair captures my attention. She nods her head at me sadly, as if to say goodbye. I give her a weak smile before turning to walk again, a trail of fire following me burning the grass to nothing but ashes.