Chapter 8

We come up to a door that is completely made of oakwood instead of cherry red doors I've seen so far. When we walk in, my jaw literally hit the floor again. It's an office, but not just an office. It's so massive that it even has it's own launch corner and assistant station. In the back is a huge oakwood desk that ten people could dine on. Behind it sits Taehuyng in his fourties. He looks exactly like his dad, apart from the eye color where his are green, his dad's eyes are a light brown. He's a very attractive man. Like Father like son. While I'm studying him I can see him study me with an amazing poker face on. I tried to search for any emotion, anything that indicates what he is thinking but found none. Once again I took a 90° bow and looked up again to see a now visibly smiling King in front of me.

Aerin walked over to him and gives a quick peck, before whispering something to him. I didn't quite catch what, but she's probably telling him to behave. I can imagine myself having to tell Taehuyng to behave, though it might be the other way around too. The King walks from behind his desk towards us. He extended his hands to me and I grabbed it quickly.

"Jisoo, sir. It is an absolute honor to be here." The King eyed me up and down before he smiles.

"I'm the Alpha King, Taemin." His voice is low, very low. A chill runs down my spine, while I almost laugh at his name. Taemin doesn't sound like a badass name it's sound too soft for an Alpha. Unsure what to say next I just nod, and smile. Taemin let go off my hand and walks back to his desk. "You both must settle. We will be dining together in two hours." He said, his tone indicated that this the end of the conversation. So I quickly walks towards the door dragging Taehuyng along with me whom still hold my hand. If it wouldn't be rude to run, I would have. That man creeps me as hell. All this time Taehuyng haven't said a word. After dragging him along for a while, I realised I've no idea where I'm going. I stopped unexpectedly making Taehuyng bump into me.

"I could give you a proper tour." He spoke, i just rolled my eyes at him. " I know my father can be a highly intimidating man, but he will get used to you soon." This doesn't make me better. "Should I show you to our house?" Okay, this catches my full attention.

"Our house? You have your own house? You don't live here?" I almost sound relieved, which I am. Living in the same house as Alpha King seems a disaster. Especially, since I haven't forgotten about the conversation I had with Taehuyng on the plane. It's better if they don't hear us fight.

"I like my space." It's all Taehuyng said. We took a lot of twists and turns again before heading down the stairs we came up to. When we're downstairs though, he didn't take me to the front door but the complete opposite direction. There goes my chance at ever learning these directions. We walk through two massive glass doors into the backyard. Amazing smells hit my nose, flowers are everywhere. Roses in all colors and lots of flowers which I don't recognize. I could get used to this. I follow Taehuyng through the path, and after a few minutes I can see a house come up to our sights. It's not as massive as the mansion, but it was built in the same style. Maybe a little more modern. The first thing I noticed are the windows. There are lot of them and they are huge. Where the mansions theme was white and red, this house has white and black theme. All the windows frame and the front door are black. Taehuyng looks down at me nervously "I have designed everything myself. Perhaps if you not like some of it we can have it changed.. Perhaps."

There was no need for him saying that, when we walked in i see the house is completely different from the mansion. Aside from the double curbed staircase it looks way more modern that's enough for me to like staying here. Taehuyng walked away, and I just barely register it. There's a huge collage of pictures on the wall. All the pictures are in black and white. I see a group of boys playing soccer, women laughing while cooking and some pups whom making weird faces to the camera. Suddenly someone pulls at my arm, Taehuyng is dragging me somewhere. We go through black double doors into the kitchen. Of course this theme is black and white too. The cabins white the countertop is black. In the middle there is a huge island with barstools around it. On one of them sits a guy. He seems a little younger than us, maybe around 20. He looked at me with a mischievous smile, before he bows his head.

{I think I haven't told you guys before, but let me clear things out my protagonists are 22yrs old in this story 🙂}

"Well hello there, Princess Luna. My name is Romeo. Nice to meet you." He winked at me and I immediately liked him. Next to me Taehuyng sighs playfully.

"Could you not flirt with my Mate before I feed you your teeth?" This makes me stare at Taehuyng. Well, that's a hella mistake he looks so hot when he is threatening someone else not me. Romeo lets out a laugh. The friendliness between these two of them doesn't get lost to me. I made a little bow back.

"Nice to meet you, my Romeo. My name is Julia." This time I winked. A growl comes from Taehuyng which makes "Romeo" and I laugh loudly. "Just kidding, I'm Jisoo."

"I like you already, Jungkook is the name." He placed a glass of water in front of one of the stools, which I took place. "So you're here to tame our Taehuyng, huh. What was your position back at your own pack?" I grabbed the glass suddenly feeling very thirsty.He is  clearly one of Taehuyng's close friends. I know he is investigating me seeing whether I fit for Taehuyng or not. We'll have to see about that. After taking some huge sips I came to realisation that this is not water but vodka. I almost choke on it.

"Goddess, are you trying to kill me already?" Taehuyng shoots Jungkook a glare, while he just straight out laughs at me. "I'm a warrior." I answered him with pride. "Half blood. Wolf and Witch. Daughter of Alpha." I put my chin up a little to show him I have a no shame in that. Jungkook shows Taehuyng a concerned look. Hmpf, as if I didn't know yet that it's a problem to him.

"In my opinion being a warrior is a good thing. Good luck with our Prince here though." With those words he gets up and walks away. So much for bonding time. I look up at Taehuyng who's looking at me angrily. Oh jeez, what did I do now? I just rolled my eyes.