An Innocent Prisoner

Kirenas felt the cold sting of the icy wind pierce her skin as she tried to warm herself against the tree she was chained to. She only had on a long sleeved fabric shirt that barely covered her past her hips and did nothing for warmth. The footwraps she was allowed were caked with frozen mud and ice. Her bare skin started to turn red with splotches of purple and white forming.

She did whatever she could to keep moving as it only slightly warmed her muscles. Kirena felt the cold steel of her chains dig into her wrists making the blisters even more sore. Her blindfold and gag were starting to freeze as both were sopping wet with tears and spit.

Even nords needed to have some type of warmth in Skyrims harsh cold nights, especially when traveling through the snow covered forests.

"Here." A voice said as Kirena felt fur being wrapped around her hips.

It was the same voice of the person that took her away from Jorrvaskr, the same voice that Kirena felt bitter, sad, and hate for. Despite two years of living in the city center of trade for Skyrim, Kirena had never known lies or the extreme amount of deceit that Aetrid had done and told her.

However Kirena was too weak and cold to fight her and just let her wrap the fur blanket around her hips as it draped down her legs. Aetrid then pulled herself close to the huntress and kissed her neck making Kirena backup against the tree as she shivered.

Aetrid only let out a sigh then rubbed Kirenas arms making them slightly warm before walking off as her boots crunched in the snow.

Despite the piercing cold, Kirena started to relax then fell asleep. Her dream resembled what she learned in Whiterun and her developing small fear.

***

It was a cold morning as she sat on the porch of a small shack that overlooked a waterfront with a distant snow covered forest.

Kirena had a blanket draped over her as she held the baby in her arms tightly. Her hair flowed down her shoulders not in its braid and no leaves, dark or light, were tangled in. She would look down at the child as it slept knowing it was hers. Yet she didn't smile the way a mother would.

She looked out at the distant forest feeling a longing for it as if she knew she didn't belong in a domesticated lifestyle. Kirena was unhappy and saddened by everything around her. She never wanted the child or the house she sat in front of. The ring around her finger felt like a constant constricting chain that would turn numb after a while.

Her soul was broken in a walking shell that did the same routine everyday.

Dread filled her the moment she opened her eyes after waking up. She would hold the baby up to her breast feeling it suck the life out of her as she fed it. Next she'd clean then sit outside waiting for her husband to return dreaming of the forests and freedom she once had. There was no joy in sex or drinking or talking with the other housewives as she would just stand there trying to be like the others.

The only time Kirena felt free was when she would lay her hand on a large tree that grew outside the village. She felt her hair braided back with the leaves tangling themselves with each twist. She felt the weight of all her arrows on her back with her armor. Her boots were placed in the grass and snow as she held her bow in her left hand.

Then it would all change as she turned to see bows and the tips of axes and swords pointed in her direction as they yelled and called her a savage or wildling. The lit torches they carried burned her forest away as the smoke stung her eyes and suffocated her.

***

Kirena woke up the morning sun, seeing her hands bound in front of her as a campfire burned behind them. She opened her mouth in a yawn not feeling the gag as she shifted to find herself on a bedroll with a fur blanket on her. Kirena looked at her feet to see them tied together realizing that she was still a captive.