Magical Mistakes

Helodus left Mallory's tent only for her to immediately hear Ariia introduce herself followed by several flirtatious comments. The Commander only shook her head.

***

Rayan woke up to cold snow in one eye and an assault of monsters and other horrors on Winterhold in the other. He lifted his head up and grabbed his sword.

Dominion soldiers, mages, and townsfolk littered the entire area. All fighting off monster that poured out of portals.

His blade never stopped moving only striking and killing anything that attacked. The battle lasted too long as Rayan downed one potion after another. He felt his blood boil on him from wounds exposed to the cold wind as his armor slowly wore down.

Quickly he parried, stabbed, blocked, and slashed at a wraith that had appeared from one of the portals. Many monsters overwhelmed the populace, despite his success with his sword, they were being pushed back towards the cliffside. Falling into the Sea of Ghosts.

Several elvish soldier called for a retreat to the college. As much hate as Rayan had for the Thalmor he did fallback. He saw Kumeron standing near the College entrance, placing several runes around him.

Trusting his friend, Rayan ran past him and stayed at the gates. When Kumeron and other mages finished with the runes, they rushed through the gates.

With a heavy and loud clash the gates slammed shut and a ward appearing around it.

Rayan took a deep breath as he sheathed his sword. His thoughts drifting towards Victoria. "It's been too damn long."

He walked over to his friend who was collapsed on the ground heaving hard.

"You alive?" Rayan asked only to be waved off by Kumeron.

"Fuck this shit." The mage responded as he waved the question away. Eliciting a slight chuckle from the Dawnguard Hunter.

Rayan then started walking up the pathway back to the college. It was cramped with both Nord and High Elf. He quickly removed himself from the crowd and picked a spot on a bench in the courtyard, away from everyone.

He looked around in thought.

The 'Eye of Magnus' had exploded or activated, or whatever happened to it. But it caused several magical explosions and anomalies to appear, either just in Winterhold or it spread to most or all of Skyrim. However the way Kumeron described it it sounded like all of Nirn would be affected. Rayan smirked at the thought of plenty of work for Dawnguards. He had hoped Victoria was ok along with Mhara.

His thoughts were interrupted when a mage had thrown herself on him in a very tight hug, pressing against several wounds.

"I thought you died out there!" Pieenie exclaimed as she squeezed.

"Nope." Rayan hissed as he gently patted her back. "You're also on a wound."

The faint hum of a healing spell as the reflection of golden light appeared in the corner of his eye. A wave of relief washing over him aswell.

"You learned healing already?" He asked when the Brenton sat next to him.

"Yep." Pieenie said as a bright grin grew on her face. "New experiment is seeing if certain spells helps with addiction."

"Right to it huh?"

"Yep, always need to be doing something."

Rayan looked around seeing the crowd huddle near the college entrance. "Plenty of test subjects."

Pieenie let out a small chuckle as Kumeron stepped out of the crowd, spotted the two, then walked towards them.

He was a few steps away and opened his mouth to say something until a loud bang rang in Rayans ears.