A Hidden Army

Chilling air.

Stinging lungs.

Mallory fell through the air feeling the mists of the waterfall. Kirena wasn't far infront of her as the body of water at the bottom raced closer.

The cold water soaked her to the bone after the initial smack on the surface. Feeling the stony bottom of the pool, Malloy braced her legs then shot up. Taking a deep breath of fresh air she blindly swam for an edge.

Gripping the stone and pulling herself out of the water, she looked around for Kirena.

She saw the Huntress crawling up some stairs near a few Forsworn made tents. Feeling the weight of her soaked armor, she stood up as quick as she could and sloppily ran.

Mallory reached Kirena as she was on all fours trying to stand up. With all her weight, she tackled her. Wrapping her arm underneath Kirenas armpit and pinning down her legs with hers. Mallory had her neck in her arm and pulled tightly.

Despite the growing lack of air l, Kirena headbutted and slammed her elbow into Mallory's ribs, hearing cracks both times. The Commander tasted blood in the back of her throat and breathing became painful as she held on.

Time passed and eventually Kirena stopped moving. She checked to make sure the Huntress was still breathing then rolled her off.

Mallory let out a cry as she held her nose and ribs. She was way stronger than she looked and the broken bits in her body proved it.

Taking a few shallow breaths then sitting up and blowing chunks of snot and blood. With a pained groan Mallory braces herself to stand. The area around the pool seemed deserted except for the ghost sitting and playing a lute. Despite her confusion she didn't look at the ghost any longer and looked at the knocked out huntress.

Thinking of the werewolf running around, the Blades she has yet to see, and the Forsworn, Mallory couldn't carry Kirena around if a fight started. However she couldn't keep the Huntress bound and defenseless. For now she dragged her over to one of the tents to dry, hoping for her soldiers to find them quickly.

About an hour passed when the sky grew dark and a heavy storm started, almost as if it was forced. Kirena groaned a bit making Mallory shift slightly in her seat. Breathing became difficult and her nose still dripped with blood.

Kirena shifted once more.

"Damnit." Mallory thought as she stood with a heavy groan.

With more pain, she dropped to her knees and pulled off three belts, one from her axe holster, the other from a small bag across her chest, and one from Kirenas armor. Mallory wrapped one belt around the Huntress's wrists, the other around the ankles, and the third at the elbows for an extra measure.

"Worse comes to worse." Mallory said aloud to herself. "I drag the bitch to Whiterun."

More time passed as the storm seemed to grow heavier. Winds picked up to a stinging speed making a cold chill fill everything.

She heard Kirena groan once more the she started shifting, checking where she was and noticing her bindings. With a sigh she laid her head down.

"Mallory." Kirena said coldly.

"Kirena." Mallory responded in the same tone.

"So what's your plan now?"

"So far, dragging your ass to Whiterun."

"To what? Torture and execute me?"

Mallory snickered at the thought. "No."

"To have a drink then." The Huntress said sarcastically. "You could have waited for us to come visit or you could have come visited us."