Spies, Armies, and Thieves

Victoria stuck to the shadows as Mhara talked with the Imperials. Her hood pulled up as torch light flickered in the sewers. Her mind wondered about today.

Her thoughts were cut short as Mhara concluded her business by walking away.

The two exited the remnant army's hideout and made their way back to the surface.

"You ok?" Mhara asked holding her hand out.

"I'm fine." Victoria responded quickly with a lie as she grabbed her hand.

"Really?" Mhara started. "I would have thought you be pissed at the news of Vilns being freed and pardoned."

Victoria felt a shiver shoot down her spine.

No way he was loose again, all her planning, planted evidence, and false witnesses ensured her revenge. She turned and looked at her former apprentice to see if she was serious.

Mhara stood there, her normal smart ass stance with arms crossed, head cocked, and leaning to one side. But the smirk she had didn't show.

"Impossible." She said still staring at her.

"It is." Mhara responded as she started to walk past Victoria. "Which is why my lie shouldn't have bothered you as much it just did. Actually it should be starting right now."

The instant anger in Victoria subsided as quickly as it began followed by a sigh then her trailing behind Mhara.

Vilns 'the Master' was to be executed for heresy and burned at the stake. Victoria's extra sadistic torturer when she was imprisoned by Mercer Frey. Hearing it brought back memories of every cut and whip all the way to the rope around her neck.

"Come on I know a good spot." Mhara said as she climbed up a wall that overlooked the entire area.

Victoria saw the pyre in the middle. She saw the guards surrounding followed by the large crowd of fur wrapped elves. She snickered seeing everyone new to Skyrim and their dealing the the weather.

Then she saw him. A pack of guards with Vilns in the middle. He was shouting, screaming, and near biting at the guards who continuously beat and shoved him. She didn't blink or move as he was tied to the pyre.

The brief speech and rights were given.

Then the torch was thrown on the wood.

Victoria watched as the fire slowly stopped his scream and the fire engulfed his charring body. The smell of burning flesh made her mouth water in sick hunger. She felt fulfilled at her personal vendetta finally finished.

"Remso's next." Mhara said as she leaned her head on Victoria's shoulder breaking her out of thought. "Lisse is right there by the way."

She looked down to see the cloaked figure with several other members in basic leather and steel armors. Clearly a small squad was to be with them for Remso. Lisses hands were on her hips as she looked disappointedly at the two thieves.

"Where did you find his hiding spot?" Victoria asked.

"The old Shatter-Shields manor. Torbjorn, the last surviving member was killed at sea." Mhara said as she stood up and hopped down.

"I doubt that." Victoria thought as she dropped down.

Without a word Lisse turned and walked towards the manor district.

"Only Remso is to be taken alive." Lisse said as they approached.

They moved swiftly into the near empty district with only a few witnesses roaming. Victoria looked down the large street as she saw a few beggars linger in the middle.