False Memories

Kirenas nightmare woke her up with a pounding headache as the sound of elvish plate boots run past her room door. She sat up and traced her finger across the new but faint scar on the side of her head.

Stretching then standing, Kirena quickly got her armor on. Her armor was full dark brown leather meant for archer of her skill. With it being snug on her as she put on the shirt followed by the cuirass then her padded pants underneath the cuirasses skirt, then her boots and gauntlets. After her armor was all set and adjusted she grabbed her bow, arrows, and dagger.

Adjusting the quiver on her back she looked over her bow. A mixture of moonstone and quicksliver after her first one snapped on her way from Alinor to Skyrim.

Yet that didn't feel right to her but she quickly put the thought out of her mind as she secured her bow to her back. Next she unsheathed her dagger and looked at the blade. The faint green glow of the metal showed her reflection. As she looked Kirena adjusted her braid over her shoulder then touched up on the paint across her face.

She was a nord, a proper nord serving under the elves of the Aldmeri Dominion not the lower nords that lived in Skyrim.

Kirena the adjusted the dagger to show the scar on the side of her head as she moved her hair to cover it then sheathed the blade, secured it to her hip and left the room.

Markarth was in chaos when she stepped outside with the smell of fire, smoke, and various of other pungent odors that forced her way up her nose making her cough and gag.

"NORD!" A Dominion Captain shouted at her.

The Huntress quickly rushed over to him as he grabbed the collar of her armor.

"Your kind is making it over the walls. Push them back and prove your worth bitch." He said shoving her back.

Kirena immediately punched him, feeling his nose break beneath her knuckles. "And YOU learn recognize a superior! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT! I am a member of the Order of Golden Blood!"

The captain immediately fell to his knees both sobbing from his mistake and the broken nose she gave him, begging for forgiveness.

She then kicked over the groveling captain and glared at him. "Name and rank." She demanded.

"No please-" He started.

"Name and Rank!" She said again but more aggressively.

"Qordalf Thaoraen, Captain." He said.

Kirena only flared her nostrils then went off towards the walls.

As she ran, she could only think of the times she was bullied for being a nord whenever other elvish children would pass her detained shanty town the Thalmor allowed in the Summerset Isles.

But that memory was cloudy. Once again she put it out of her mind as she reached the walls.

Kirena quickly drew her bow and shot an arrow at the armored imperial attacking Aetrid. She hit him in the neck then Aetrid quickly threw him back over.

She shot another arrow at the next imperial that climbed over making him fall. She quickly looked over the wall to see a mixture of red and green banners as the soldiers below killed each other.

Suddenly Kirena was pulled to the ground as a large shadow crossed her face followed by a heavy gust of wind. The one that grabbed her was Aetrid as she pushed off and stood up to hold her hand out. Kirena quickly took it and stood up then started firing arrows at distant imperials.

The only time Kirena moved from her position was when arrows, ballista bolts, or artillery was launched at her, forcing her to dodge. The fighting was intense as more imperials mounted ladders to the walls and climbed up them.