.41.

Your POV

The entire time Max and Ian were talking, you could feel Joji's eyes gazing in your direction. Whilst listening to the two talk, you couldn't help but think about what he was thinking about. You ended up sneaking a quick glance at the man and he just looked so adorable,  even if he was staring blankly at you while his mind seemingly raced. Eventually you realised you'd zoned out a bit yourself, coming back to Max talking about what to do.

Ian seemed to be a bit clueless about what to do, just as clueless as you were or more. Instinctively you wrapped your arms around the poor boy, maybe because it would cheer him up, but probably because you didn't know what else to do for him.

"JOJI!" the shout made everyone jump, but it made your heart race as panic mode set in.

FUck fuck fUCK fUcK, calm down (Y/N) it's fine it's fine it's fine-

You felt the bed dip a bit as Joji sat down next to you.

"(Y/N) are you okay? He didn't mean to startle you, just trying to get my attention. You're okay." 

"Yeah, y-yeah." You mumbled out as he clutched your hand in his, stroking his thumb over the surface of your hand. His smile was so soft and pure, radiating good vibes. Joji was so calming, you could almost feel the anxiety melting away from your body. Looking at him, all you could do was smile back, as you were completely stuck in his gaze.

"Hey! Can you wait until later or something, I'm about to catch cooties just watching the pair of you!" Ian barked as he passed Joji the blunt he'd rolled, making the pair of you jump and Max giggle properly for the first time today. That was good at least. You felt your face blush vividly as you could still feel his eyes on you. It was captivating.

"I feel like I catch cooties every time I see you smooching Anisa, shut up dude. Max, is there anything you actually wanna do or do you just wanna get baked as fuck?" Joji asked.

"Can we just get so high we don't have working legs?" Just as he asked, his phone started to ring. "Aw, fuck, it's Katt."

"Oh shit, well we will leave you to it, dude. We will be in the living room whenever you're finished." Joji stood up, indicating we should all move. You smiled weakly at Max before leaving, hoping it goes well for him.

But how well could that possibly go? Fuck knows. 

As you sat down, Joji passed you his blunt and ran off to the kitchen before you could even say 'thank you'.

"Ian, do you think M-Max will be okay?"

"I mean, I hope so but he didn't look too good back there. We will just have to wait and see when he comes back in." You watched as Ian stared at the coffee table wide-eyed, clenching his hands together. He was clearly stressed about the whole situation. The only reason you weren't is because you'd learned how to numb your emotions in bad times. As Joji came back into the main room, the three of you sat in silence, waiting for Max. The longer you all sat there, the more hopeful your thought pattern got. Maybe she just skipped a period? That happens occasionally, right? Or maybe she is pregnant and has late symptoms?