.28.

"(Y/N)!" you heard Ian shout as he ran towards you from the car park. He even engulfed you in a big hug. "You're so cold. Come on, let's go in." You don't actually remember seeing Ian concerned before. It was weird, but nice.

"We just have to stay in the waiting room for now.  He's being x-rayed." you told him, sitting down on the hard plastic chairs.

"Okay, what the fuck happened to you?" he asked, looking down at his feet. He was shaking his head in disbelief already.

"I haven't actually heard about what happened to Joji except he got fucking beaten, but I heard Joel's voice in the night and it terrified me, because I knew it wasn't a dream and I was awake. I climbed and I-I hid up behind that massive bear on top of my wardrobe, but Joel was searching around my room and J-Joji walked in with his rifle, and, and he got him out. Hell, I didn't even see his poor face until 3.30 today because I only woke up then...oh I should've gotten up sooner or at least defended him! This is my fault, isn't it?"

"(Y/N). It's not your fault. George clearly knew what you would have done in that situation, I think it's an instinct. And it isn't your fault you got up late, if George needed you to drive him to the hospital then he would've gotten you up or he would've asked me or Anisa to do it. And that wasn't what he called about or he would have told me on the phone. It's okay." Fuck. Ian had never spoken in such a gentle manner before, but you really needed to hear what he had to say.

"T-thanks, Ian."

"Miss (Y/L/N)? If you and uh, Mr..."

"Ian Carter."

"Thank you. If you and Mr Carter could follow me please." We stood up and walked with the doctor.

"Now, we've x-rayed Mr Miller's torso for any fractures or breaks, and his 7th, 8th and 9th left ribs have been fractured. Now, because his 7th rib is a true rib, he'll have to stay in here until his bruising at least heals. His left kidney has been slightly bruised, but that should heal on its own. Mr Miller won't be allowed any alcoholic drinks for a few weeks. We've allocated him a side room for now to monitor his fluid intake, but he should be on a regular men's ward in a week or two, depending on his progress."

"Thank you, doctor." both Ian and I said, as we walked into Joji's side room.

ayyyyyyyy  i'm bandaged too joji it's not just u xox but his injury is kinda serious so i can stfu