.4.

Your POV

"I'm sorry babe, I won't do it ever again." Joel said, handing you a bouquet of lilies.

"Are you sure?" You asked, looking up at him.

"I promise, I think you're nice and it was a one-off."

"O-okay. Can I call my sister now?" You asked him, praying he'll say yes.

"Er, I texted her this morning, she's busy all day again."

"Oh, I'll call her tomorrow then. I miss her!" you looked down.

"Yeah yeah, sure you do. Now come here babe, pick a dress we're going out." You were shown a bright green dress, and a brown one. Both were very short.

"Do you not have anything longer?" You asked. "No. Pick a dress" he urged, clenching his jaw.

"Uh..." You were struck at the bottom of your back.

"I SAID PICK A DRESS, BITCH!" Joel shouted. Kick to the back. Kick in the stomach. Kick in the eye. And something cold against your arm.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Stop!"

"(Y/N) wake up!!" Someone was shaking you.

"I-I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" you mumbled, backing up until you realised.

That's not Joel.

That's Joji.

"Oh god (Y/N), I didn't mean to scare you like that I'm so sorry you were just crying and I didn't know what to do" he mumbled.

"No no it's fine, I just thought you were..." You trailed off as the guilt set in. You'd obviously woke him up.

"Joel. Yeah, I got that...hey, look at me. It's alright. This is gonna happen if you've been through what you have, don't worry about it." he assured you, and giving you a hug.

"Thank you..." you mumbled.

"Don't mention it. I'm gonna get back to sleep, if you can't then just watch some TV or something, I have Netflix." Joji said before leaving to go back to his room.

*time skip*

"Good morning!" you heard Joji walk into his living room.

"Good morning!" you replied, looking at him.

"American Dad?" He asked, and you just nodded. "I like American Dad, its funny," he mumbled, before walking to his kitchen. "Want cereal?"

"Yes, please." you replied, grateful. You didn't dare take any food without him saying you could.

"Er, I've only got cornflakes, but I can make French toast or something." Joji sighed.

"Joji?"

"Yeah?"

"Erm, what's French toast?" You asked.

"I'm making French toast." he decided, leaving you confused.