.39.

Joji's POV

Sometimes, I don't feel any warmth in my bones. Usually the winter, sleep deprivation and bad depression days do the trick. Sometimes I feel what feels like all of the warmth in my bones, but not as often.

I didn't feel any warmth in my bones tonight. Normally, holding (Y/N) would have felt like the best thing, but holding her as she shook tonight made me feel cold. I was at a loss of what to do, what are you supposed to do for others when you can't even help yourself? It was a horrible feeling, sinking through my chest.

My thought process was too busy shitting through the nth dimension to notice she had fell asleep on me again, probably a while ago too. Honestly, there were a lot of mixed emotions running past me, making my head whirr. One second the sky was dark and then the night skipped through like I'd just blinked it away. My leg was aching from being in such a dodgy position underneath (Y/N), but I couldn't wake her up; she looked so peaceful and it was a rarity for her to sleep through unbothered.

Maybe I was just lazy. Maybe I was just tired. Or maybe I was just enjoying her cuddling into me. Who knows? I still didn't want to have this big crush on her, but I did. The more time I spend with her, the fonder I grow. Fuck, I adored her. Every time I look at her, I remember kissing her. The warmth rushed through my whole body just thinking about it, leaving me with a boyish grin.

Soon enough, I was ripped away from my train of thought as I heard loud knocking on my door. Grabbing a blanket and a cushion, I wriggled myself out of (Y/N)'s arms and went to answer.

"Hey dude, you're not gonna FUCKING BEL-"

"SHHH!!" I pointed over towards my couch.

"Ohhh, shit sorry" Max said, this time much quieter.

"It's all good, come in, we'll go to my room." Closing the door behind Max, I checked (Y/N) was still asleep and followed him in to see him sprawled out on my bed like a starfish.

"Are you good?" I asked him. With no response, I walked over and starting prodding him in the side. "At least move up a bit, man."

He rolled over and looked me dead in the eyes. 

"SO, there is a possibility that uh, Katt might be...pregnant."

"Oh my god...my guy..." I just looked at him with my mouth hung open, and he flopped back on the bed. "Wait, how long have you been staying at Ian's for?"

"Like, 2 months."

"Then how could you..?" When he didn't answer my question, I felt my heart sink. "Oh, dude..."

He just groaned in response and rolled over.

"That is fucked up, man. Did you not do anything before you came to America?" As I was talking, my right hand was fumbling to find my weed tray underneath my bed.

"I mean, yeah, but that was at least a week before I left. I can't be fucked dude, I actually can't."

"Has she had a test?"

"Nah, she rang me up like an hour ago telling me she missed her period, she's going to get one today. I didn't even say anything to her because I was just shocked, but then I got off the phone, then I realized I haven't seen her in a while, women only get one of those a month, right? And then it clicked in my head, that's probably not mine."

"Max, I'm so sorry, I don't even know what to say to you. Did you tell Ian?"

"He was in the middle of making a video so I haven't told him yet."

"Right, okay. We are going to smoke this fat blunt, I'll call Ian after and get him round, and we are all gonna have a day to just vibe. Sound good?"

"Sounds better than crying."

I put the tray down and gave him a big bear hug, and he just slumped into me.  (Y/N) peeped her head round the door, and walked in, wrapped up in blankets.

"Hi, Max!" She just stretched, walked over to the bed and sat down, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Now was not the time to be a simp. "Why are you here so early?"

"Aww, (Y/N) it's like, 1 o'clock. I just needed to see Joji and de-stress."

She just smiled and didn't say anything else, she could probably sense what Max was talking about wasn't a light topic.