.38.

Your POV

"Come on, it's going to be great." Dragging you by the hand, your sister lead you outside. Both dressed in floral frocks, she had flowers weaved into her hair. On the daisy scattered field, there was a group of people dispersed.

The sun was so bright and warm, bubbles were blowing through the air and the vibe was so serene. She slowly walked you over, closing in on your family that were there. Suddenly, your free hand was taken by a glass of rosé. Laughter and bird's chirper could be heard all round. It was tranquil. There was a metal square table with a radio placed on it, playing 50's pop music.

"How have you been dear?"

"How was college? Are you enjoying it?"

"It's been so long..." 

Slowly, the sun started to fade, and you started to feel the chill. Looking around, everybody was now standing and staring at you. Your sister had dropped your hand, you had dropped your glass. It made no sound as it smashed on the floor, as you noticed there was no more laughter or music in the air. Looking back up, there was one dark figure in the field, all of the daisies had wilted around them. The tension in the air was immense, so thick you could probably cut it with a knife. Thunder started to clap in the skies, followed by blasts of lightning and rain started to pour so heavy, almost immediately soaking both you and this figure. Torrential downpour that was so heavy it could hurt your skin. Neither of you moved, you staring into the distance as they had their back turned to you.

"I have you now, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide." Joel.

Within a split second, he had turned to reveal his face and start running in your direction. As you also tried to run, you quickly realized you couldn't move. Invisibly chained to the muddy floor. He got closer, and closer, and closer. There was nothing you could do.

"This is the end, bitch." The last thing you saw was the baseball bat swinging directly at your face.

You took the deepest of breaths as you jolted upwards, nearly falling off the couch. It felt like your lungs had popped, the instinctive panic took over as you started shaking and crying.

"(Y/N)??" A pair of arms wrapped themselves around you, or tried to at least. You immediately pushed them off in fear it was Joel. Turning around, you realized it was actually George sat next to you, who had retreated his arms. He looked so confused. You couldn't speak to even begin to explain because you were hyperventilating, so more tears just kept flowing and flowing as you stared at him. After a few seconds, you just grabbed him tightly, sobbing still.

"It's okay, (Y/N), it's not real. Whatever just happened, it's not real, it was a dream. You're safe."

Joji's POV

Man. I had no idea what to do, (Y/N) must have had another nightmare. I just sat and held her, stroking her hair as she let it all out. That can't be doing bad, can it? Something needed to be done, it was clear that Joel guy had seriously messed her up. The thing is, I barely knew the surface of it, so how would I know what to do for her? It hurt to see, I couldn't imagine what it was like for her to have to deal with. 

Eventually, (Y/N) had stopped crying and shaking. I didn't move though, I didn't want to. As long as she wanted me to, I'd sit here.

i am making a dark comeback smh