Criminal

"Are you sure?" I stammer. "Yes! Those scholarship kids need to learn." Makayla says.

"But, I thought you were scholarship." I respond. "No, not since the 6th grade when my daddy got a really good job." she says.

It was a Saturday and we had gone down to Helena again and we're looking at vandalizing tools, Makayla was in need for something, revenge.

I had no idea why, none of the scholarships were ever mean to her, not that there were even that many.

"What did they ever do to you?" I say aloud. "Just stole my boyfriend and giving me a fake apology." She responds.

It was still about Alice, all of it. "This will be the final step." She buys spray paint and stuff to make it last longer.

"Wait, final?" I ask. "Yes, first notes to her telling her she is an awful person because she's a scholarship before writing, death to scholarships on the cafeteria wall." She's laughing.

She was acting way out of character. "You are a cruel person." I simply say walking away.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

"You have to believe me!" I shout at Alice. She's storming away from me. "No I can't! Because you wouldn't believe me." Tears start forming around her eyes. Jess and Jessi are chasing her down, glaring at me. "But, Makayla will..." I start to say but she's gone.

I had tried to tell every member of that group, the most I could get was Timothy to listen for less than a minute before Alice stormed off, dragging him with her.

Why wouldn't they believe me when I wanted to help them.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

I glance at the note I'm supposed to stick in one of the groups lockers. This one was Jess' it wrote "scholarships are stupid" Makaylas plan was for it to gradually get worse.

I looked around, no one was in the hall after this time, it was curfew and I was creeping past Ms. Bailey. Makayla had said, "You have to do it, your sneakier." And since I didn't want a fight I did it.

I stuffed it in her locker and ran as silently as I could away.

My downfall had started.