Allen's PoV

Why did I do it? I knew I had crossed a line but I hadn't cared I jumped over it. Just like with Jess. I knew she didn't like me anymore, so why did I screw it up so bad between us?

After dinner that night I led her to the deserted locker area. "I won't date you if I have to wait." I stated. "Good." She yelled and walked back to her friends. That wasn't what I had expected, how could she not care. I was bruised, and hurt and confused. I moped back to my dorm and did something I shouldn't have.

When we went to Helena I bought spray paint. I just had the impulse. Now I knew why.

I leaped out our window and ran to the opposite side of the school, but then ran back deciding it would be easier there.

I had never done this but I was a pretty good artist. I had to do something that would piss people off. Power to the Scholarships.

I wrote it in big fancy letters and painted around it. I deposited the cans into my suitcase right as Timothy walked in. He had an interesting look on his face but I was too disgruntled to care. "She likes me. She actually genuinely likes me." He's rubbing his cheek and has a dazed look on his face.

"Who?" I mutter. "Who do you think? Jenifer!" He beamed.

Not in the mood to hear him I walked into the bathroom and just sat there on the ground, empty. I started regretting everything, telling Jess I liked her, vandalizing the school, everything. I couldn't hangout with my friends anymore I was an embarrassment.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

"Allen Baker to Mrs. Camecry's office please, thank you." During 6th period they called me to the office.

I trudged down the hallway looking at the floor. I was getting expelled. I just knew it.

"Sit down Allen." Mrs. Camecry's voice was colder than ice. "We searched your dorm like was suggested and found these." She holds up the spray paint I used. "they were in one of your two bags, and we decided to call you down first. Are these yours? And if you reject Timothy will immediately be expelled." She says. "Yes I did do it, Timothy didn't have anything to do with it." I state looking at the floor. "You are on probation and will be put in front of the school board on Friday." She says. "You may now go back to class, 7th period has started."

I walk out and start walking to my 7th class, then I looked at the school doors.

The outside calling, calling for me to run away run away and never come back. So I walked to my dorm, packed some clothing and other essentials then walked back to the school door. And I walked out the January weather bit at me but I didn't care.

I turned towards the uninhabited part of the mountains, and ran. I ran away.