3,2,1

Well mr. Waltson had us all come down to the gym for a secret New Years dance at 8. Kind of weird how much the teachers all break the rules. Ms. Bailey has caught Juliana and Reneigh spending the night in our room before and never did anything.

Mr. Waltson had quite a way to tell us about it though. He turned on the intercom at 6:30 in the morning and tried playing a trumpet. It didn't work to well and all you could hear was squeaking. Then he said, "well now that you are all wide awake, dance tonight at 8 for New Years. It is just a stomp so casual clothes are preferred. Now you can go back to sleep." Then he turned on 80's music for an hour straight, so we were up for the day.

I did Jess' hair and alice did jessi's. "Do I really have to get my hair done? He said it was casual!" Jess states. Alice just smirks and says, "well certain cousins tell me that you need to look your best." Jess glares at her but stays quiet after that, her cheeks an unnatural shade of pink. Jessi just scowls at the two of us the whole time, not saying a word.

They end up looking really good. Jess' hair curled and jessi's hair very loosely curled. We decided also to pick out their outfits. For Jess I decided a pink and blue plaid shirt with light jeans and some comfy boots.

Alice finally gave up on jessi and let her pick her clothes. So a hoodie and tennis shoes were paired with her favorite jeans.

Alice wore her usual curls and wore the dress I had gotten her, it looked good on her.

I wear the jewelry they gave me and just threw on a pink blouse with my regular skinny jeans.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

That dance was the best time I've had at this school. It was nice hanging out with all my friends. The best part was this.

"Hey kale can I talk to you?" I asked, we hadn't spoken since I defended the scholarships. "What." He says as I lead him out of the gym to the hallways. "I don't like you anymore." i splurt out. "Good, I don't like you either, you turned out to be a scholarship kid." He says. I really don't care what he thinks of me so I just laugh and walk back into the gym.

As the new year comes closer mr. Waltson stops the music and says over the mic, "alright everyone find someone to dance with, when the clock strikes midnight I will start a slower song to dance to. I ended up with timothy, while allen danced with Jess. I lost sight of the other girls but didn't worry, they'd all have someone.

The clock struck twelve, and as everyone cheered, mr. Waltson put on a slow, sappy, love song.

"Well I see you and my cousin have been getting along quite well." He says. "Yep." I respond. "I think the black eye agrees." He chuckles. I just roll my eyes and keep dancing. "So how are the other girls welcoming you?" He asks. "A little coldly to be honest." I state. "Makes sense." He replies. I can't say anything else before the song ends.

We all reform our group, except alice. she's missing. "Well he says the party lasts all night, so I'm good with staying." Juliana says. "Really? okay." reneigh replies and we all agree.

A couple songs later alice reappears with a dreamy but forlorned look on her face. We all just let he be, she's kind of off in her own little world.

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

The morning comes and people start gradually leaving to crash in their dorm rooms from their sugar highs. We say goodbye to timothy and allen and the other girls crash with us for the day.

Alice immediately walks to her bed and ducks under the curtains. The rest of us decide to lay on the floor and sleep.

My head hits the ground and I'm out cold.