Jess and James' PoV

A/N: i combined these two into one chapter. Jess' view is first then james. I will put: 🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵 in between them.

We snuck of when we got back to Diruto, it wasn't sneaky but we didn't care. "What was that at the food court?" I ask. "I don't want them to know." he says. "They know anyway! That was..." I yell. "That was what?" He asks. "Stupid! You're acting so childish!" I glare at him. "Well what do you want? I kind of can't like you because you don't want to until you're 15! I'm sick of waiting! I want to be with you. Why are you pushing me away?" He yells.

"We are 14, we have no need to be dating. Why do you keep insisting we should? I will when I'm ready but I really don't want to grow up yet! We are in middle school for goodness sakes I don't know why it should be a priority to date!" I retort.

"Because I love you." He mutters.

We are silent for a while, sitting on the floor in an empty classroom. We stare at eachother, glaring but also, love.

"Allen, jess time for dinner." Timothy says glancing in the door.

Gosh he's so stupid.

🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵

There she is, Alice, the most beautiful girl in school.

She sees me and walks away from her group and joins me. "I need to talk to you." I say. She smiles and we walk into a classroom.

I close the door and sigh. "What's wrong?" She asks. "Makayla broke up with me." I break into tears.

She hugs me. It feels a lot better there in her arms. We stand there for a while, then she lets go. She takes a tissue from the box and hands it to me. "Thanks." I laugh. I blow my nose and throw it in the trash.

"Why did she do that?" She asks. "She said she didn't like me the way she thought she did." I hiccough.

She kisses me, on the cheek. She says, "I'm sorry, she shouldn't have done that to you." I sigh. "Things happen like that don't they? You think your having the time of your life and they end up hating you." "Hating you?" Alice asks. "She said she hates me and never wants to see me again." I respond. Alice clenches her fist and grits her teeth.

I take her hand and look into her eyes. "No it's fine, because right now all I care about is you." I whisper. I lean to kiss her and we accidentally bonk our foreheads. She laughs and we try again.

I felt something, I didn't feel anything with Makayla but something about alice feels more, right.

She pulls away right as Timothy walks in. "Dinner is being served in the cafeteria right now." He eyes the two of us and scowls, walking out.

Not such a bad day after all.