Chapter Two

As Sophie read the note she continued to mumble, "I'll kill him

As Sophie read the note she continued to mumble, "I'll kill him."to herself

When she was done reading it she flipped it over to the backside, as if hoping there was an address or  something.

There was not.

She felt numb, then a feeling of sadness came over her.

She was surprised when a teardrop fell on the note.

She usually didn't cry about things like this. She was the Moonlark! She was supposed to be strong!

Sophie went to fold the note up when anger came over her. She shredded the note up.

Suddenly panic came over her, then she remembered she had a photographic memory and could project.

Then she remembered with a jolt how Keefe had ran away. Why was she thinking about things like that?!

She found herself crying, then sobbing.

She heard Sandor walk over, "What's wrong, Miss Foster?"

She could've just handed him the note, if she had not torn it up, and she definitely  didn't feel in the mood to project it.

 Sandor POV

Sophie sobbed harder into her pillow. He internally sighed.

He looked around her room. There were tiny pieces of paper scattered around her bed.

There wasn't much he could do in this situation, other than to comfort her.

He went to put his hand on Sophie's shoulder, but when it was supposed to touch her shoulder, it instead went right through.

Thank you! Please don't hate me for the cliffhanger!

Wear a mask and stay safe!