Chapter Sixteen

Sorry for not updating in a while

And remember: I only own the plot.

Sophie PoV

Sophie had just finished eating her lunch. It was just bread, some weird-tasting leaves, and water.

She heard footsteps coming closer. She assumed that they were just passing by, so she began practicing her pyrokenetics. 

She had been trying to learn different types, and now she knew how to light up one or many fingers, light up her palm, and make fire hover above her hand. Right now she was trying to make it hotter to change colors. She could sometimes make it flicker blue, but couldn't hold it.

The footsteps stopped at her door. Sophie looked up as Keefe came stumbling in. She put out the flame as the guard closed the door. Keefe was looking anywhere but her. Sophie stood up and went over to him. She hugged him. Keefe tensed up.

"Glad to see me, Foster?" Keefe asked jokingly.

Sophie pulled away. She looked him straight into his eyes. His beautiful, ice blue eyes.

And she slapped him.

"Oww! What was that for?!" Keefe asked rubbing his cheek.

"Because you're so stupid! You don't think anything through! The Black Swan could have helped, but NOOO, you have to go run away! Could have told me more than one fucking note! Because we need you! I need you! And guess what? You fucking left!" Sophie ranted, her anger boiling up.

She sat down angrily with tears streaming down her face. She turned away from Keefe. Keefe sat down next to her, shocked. Sophie looked like she calmed down on the outside. But the fire flaring blue on her hands said something different.

Keefe was about to ask her how she was a pyrokenetic, because Forkle said he made it impossible. But then he remembered. He triggered it.

This was a completely filler chapter. Idk why.

One of my friends has started reading Kotlc! They started about a week ago. She's on the second book. Trying not to spoil it. Almost asked if Alden's mind had broken yet. Well duh no

Hope everyone has a good day/night whatever 

Wear a fucking mask!

Also, yes, I did edit this a year later to include swear words because I don't know. It makes things more genuine.