Chapter Seventeen

Me realizing NOTHING has gone right for Sophie. Whoops. 

3rd person PoV because yea.

After Sophie had slapped Keefe and started crying, Keefe knew that she needed comfort.

Waves of sadness, anger, and confusion were slamming against him. Even though he had learned how to block human emotions, Sophie's were too strong.

He sat down next to her. He was about to reach for her hands when he noticed that the fire in her hands looked very... dangerous for someone who can burn like a Keefe-chip. He rubbed her back, which was the safer option. Sophie's crying started to fade into hiccups.

Her fire was now normal red and smaller. Keefe took her wrists. He felt her tense. Her emotions turned... fluttery. But then denial. Like she couldn't believe her own heart for feeling that. Or it could be something else.

"Are you okay Foster? Your emotions are jumping all over the place." Keefe said.

Sophie turned red. "Uh, uh, it's nothing!"

" 'Uh, uh, it's nothing!'" Keefe mimicked, "Are you seriously not going to tell me?" 

Sophie realized that they, of course, were still kidnapped. "Well it seems we need to get out of here, though."

Keefe groans, "Fossstterrr how are we supposed to do thaaatttt?"

"So long story, but I manifested as a conjurer and phaser. So we can-"

She was cut off by alarms. Sophie and Keefe heard voices outside the door yelling.

"The prisoners are getting out, stop them!"

"Who are-" Keefe began, but was interrupted by Sophie.

"One second! I'm trying to check!" Sophie's eyes became unfocused for a moment. Then she snapped back to attention.

She grabbed Keefe's hand, dragging him to the door. "It's Grady and Edaline! We need to go NOW!" Sophie yelled.

"But how-" Keefe began, but then Sophie shot her hands forward and the door blew open.

"How did you do that?" Keefe asked.

"Outward channeling, and can you be quiet? I'm trying to track their thoughts!" Sophie snapped.

Then three guards turned a corner. They immediately noticed them and started trying to yell for backup. Keefe ran over and punched one of them, hard. He got knocked out cold and fell against the wall as Keefe punched another one. 

They dodged the punch and swung back at Keefe. Keefe caught the punch and shoved them against a wall. But as Keefe was fighting them, the third guard had snuck by and was heading towards Sophie, who didn't notice, as she was tracking her parents.

But the guard made a bad mistake. As he was coming towards he started yelling, calling for reinforcements. But that caused Sophie's distracted brain enough annoyance that it inflicted a bunch of emotions. She slightly hovered above the ground and three streaks of red shot towards the two conscious guards, and Keefe.

Sophie fell ungraciously to the ground, and that finally shook her out of her daze of tracking thoughts.

"They're over there!" Sophie said.

But Keefe, writhing on the ground in pain couldn't exactly respond.

Sophie looked back to see why and found Keefe and the guards on the ground.

Sophie rushed over to Keefe. She dove into his mind. She could see the red emotions slithering around in his mind. Sophie gathered them all up, feeling guilty that she had done that to Keefe. Once they were all gone Sophie left his mind. Keefe was unconscious. So of course she had to slap him to wake him.

Keefe shot awake. "Oww! That was the second time today!"

"Sorry. I kind knocked you out with my inflicting. But we need to get out of here. Down this hall."  Sophie guided Keefe.

They ran down the hall together, before finally finding Grady and Edaline surrounded by five guards. Sophie levitated over three of them, inflicting tiredness on them, because she always seemed to be tired. They fell asleep immediately. But it left her drained as she quickly levitated down to the ground by her parents.

Keefe punched the other two guards straight in the face. He went over to Sophie and her parents. 

"We need to get out of here before reinforcements come. Sophie, are you up for teleporting?" Keefe asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure, just, give me  sec." Sophie responded, out of breath. She put her hands on her knees as she recovered.

After a minute of Keefe keeping guard Sophie finally said, "Ok, let's go now."

They all linked hands and started running, with Sophie in the lead. Sophie focused all the energy      and ripped a tear in the void, as one does. They charged through it. Then, Sophie began to feel tired, obviously from using her abilities too much. So her first thought of where to go was her bed.

As the void cracked back open the four stumbled right into Sophie's room, with Sophie falling directly onto her bed and falling asleep immediately.

Yay! I updated! I meant to update yesterday but I think I got distracted with other stories. Haha

Wear a mask and don't be a Karen!