Chapter Eight

3rd Person

It had been several days since Sophie had last seen Brant, despite him saying the interrogation would be the next day.

Sophie had tried using her various abilities to no result. Only a lot of headaches.

A guard in a black Neverseen cloak had thrown in some stale bread, which Sophie did not eat.

She didn't trust them to give her any actual food that wouldn't poison her. But now three days had passed since her last meal, and she had no water either.

They were trying to slowly wither her down so she cooperate. But she would not.

The ability restrictor was already doing that. It dug into the skin around her temples and always seemed to be causing her a headache.

She decided she  would not cooperate.

That was her first mistake; being stubborn.

Always dangerous when you are a captive.

One day, about four days after her chat with Brant, Vespera and a cloaked figure walked into her cell.

"Your going to give us some information. We will ask a question, and if you want your friends and family to be safe, you answer the question." Vespera explained in a bored and monotone voice.

"It's not like I have any other options!" Sophie spat back at her.

Vespera shook her head slowly and clicked her tongue. "There is always an option. One may be more favorable than the other, while sometimes one option is just terrible, but it is always an option." Vespera hissed back.

"Now, time for you to make a decision. What will it be Sophie?" Vespera  said cruelly.

Hi! This is short because me tired and I have school tomorrow 😔

I'm not going to post everyday, not that I do anyway, but mainly because I'm writing another story. I plan to get a few chapters done before I publish it, so I'll tell you guys what it's called once I publish the first batch!!!

Wear a mask! Drink some water! Maybe actually get a little bit of sleep! Bye! Good night/day!!! 🌙  ☀️