Chapter Four

Tarina POV

Tarina, being a new bodyguard, and not having been in the Lost Cities long, did of course not know what a Phaser was.

After a short silence, she got up the courage to ask, "Uh, just for clarification, what is a Phaser?" 

"Uh, I don't know too much about it other than that they- we- breakdown our bodies and pass through solid objects." Sophie replied, "Can you guys be quiet? I'm trying to talk with Fitz."

Tarina left, wispering to Sandor, "I'm going to talk with Grady and Edaline."

And with that she left.

Sophie POV

She connected with Fitz's mind after a few minutes of searching.

Sophie in bold Fitz in italics.

Sophie?

Hi Fitz, it's me, Sophie.

Oh, hi. What is it?

Oh, you know, I'm just manifesting at age 16.

What?! What was it?!

I'm a Phaser, and I just phased through two floors.

What? You aren't even trained! Most get stuck in things when they first manifest!

Well, you know, I'm not like most. I'm the Moonlark after all.

Speaking of which, have you told Mr. Forkle?

Suddenly a voice that sounded like Grady shouted, "AGAIN?!?!"

Sophie sighed.

Not yet, I don't even know if I can transmit to him, I'll just have to hail him soon.

Yeah. You should do that now. I probaly can't help you.

Sorry for bothering you.

It's fine.

Then Sophie cut off their connection and went to hail Mr. Forkle.

Temperaly forgetting how Keefe had ran away. One moment of blissful ignorance before a long path of pain and sadness. She of course did not know this yet.

"Show me Mr. Forkle."

She had barely spoken the words when Mr. Forkle's face appeared on the screen.

"Yes Miss Foster?" Mr. Forkle asked.

"Uh, so you know how you said I might manifest but probaly not?" Sophie responded.

She wasn't quite sure how to tell him she manifested.

"Yes..." Mr. Forkle said through a sigh, "I assume you manifested, somewhat recently."

"You assume correctly. I manifested as a Phaser." She said the last part quickly, gushing out.

Mr. Forkle looked taked a back. "A Phaser? Are you sure?"

"Sure as hell, I fell through two floors just five minutes ago." She snapped back.

Mr. Forkle said some words that did not sound very good.

"I take that to mean that it was not planned?" Sophie asked.

"No, no, that was not planned at all, though it might be helpful..." he trailed off a bit at the end.

"So what did you think I would manifest as?" Sophie asked.

"It's not important." He assured.

She raised a eyebrow.

"Fine. You were going to manifest as a conjurer." Mr. Forkle said, giving up under her stare.

"Oh." She said. 

She lazily raised her hand up and snapped.

Forkle POV

He watched her snap through the tiny screen of the imparter.

Suddenly a chair dropped down from above, Sophie let out a little yelp as the chair went right through her, and dropped on the ground.

"Seven abilities!!!" Sophie  screeched, "Who thought it was a good idea for me to have, not one, not two, not even five, but SEVEN abilities!?!?!" 

Thank you all for reading my story! It means a lot to me!

Happy new year guys! I hope 2021 is better then her sister, 2020!

(Me now in 2022: lol nope)

Please cheak in regularly, I might not post as often because, you know, school, the thing that slowly crushes your spirit untill you are a emotionless lump of blood, muscles and other things held together by bones and flesh!

But stay in school so you can get a job to pay off your phone bills so you can keep reading this story!

Please comment!

Wear a mask, be cautious of the new year and be safe!