Chapter Fourteen

3rd Person

Sophie turns around, scowling at Fintan.

"How did you escape? It's supposed to be impossible!" She asked her arms crossed, fire on her fingertips.

"Actually super easy. Barely an inconvenience! The guards change pretty regularly because of the cold, and I just got myself warm enough to start a fire and melt through the ice. And I always have a crystal to here. This was the plan all along. Maybe you should have read the Archetype when you had the chance." Fintan said, sneering. 

Sophie's fire flared a little, and she turned away, hiding her face in the shadows.

"Where is here, anyway?" Sophie asked, a little annoyed at Fintan.

"Just somewhere secluded in a human town. We also have been spying on someone else here too." He said, baiting her to ask who.

But she already knew who. It was someone who was already in the Forbidden Cities, and had presumably stolen the crystal from his father. But it could have also been placed there, and made to only go one place.

The fire in her hand grew until it was the size of a basketball.

 She started taking slow breaths. It shrunk to the size of a baseball. 

Of course that person was Keefe.

Short chapter, sorry!

I will be posting more during the weekend (hopefully)

Bye!