Chapter Thirteen

300 views! Thank you @PercyJacksonisGr3at for commenting... wait I mentioned you in the last one! Whatever, you are that awesome! And to my silent readers...

hElLo

You aren't going to say something back?

rude

To the story!

Sofie PoV    

As I see the fire on my hand I let out a yelp. I look at the door, making sure no one comes to check on you.

Am I a pyrokenetic? How am I a pyrokenetic? Can I control it?

To test the last question, I try to put out the flame. I think about calming thoughts, like being back with my friends and everything being mainly normal. The fire starts shrinking.

Then I make the mistake of thinking about Keefe.

The fire turned white-hot and doubled in size. I start hyperventilating.

Wait. I think, maybe my emotions are connected to the fire.

I start trying to think comforting thoughts, then, almost as if I inflicted on it, the fire seemed to calm down and get smaller.

It was still there, in my palm, but now it was tiny. Not harmless I reminded myself. Just easier to control. But in a sense it was harder. If I even got a little shocked it would grow out of my control.

And cause a big problem. But even the tiny flame was bad. If the Council caught wind that I was a pyrokenetic they would freak. 

They would probably make me wear a new ability restrictor. 

I would have six- wait, no- eight abilities. (I had to count on my fingers)Telepath, polyglot, inflictor, teleporter, enhancer, phaser, conjurer, and now a pyrokenetic. Wow. And it sounded like teleporter, enhancer, phaser, pyrokenetic, and possibly conjurer were not planned. I think bitterly. 

"Well, well, well, little moonlark," said a sickeningly familiar voice. I quickly close my hand to try to put out the fire. 

But it was too late.

"It seems you have found our gift to you. Seems you'll need training." They sigh. 

I don't turn around. I know who it is already.

"Not excited to hear from me? That place couldn't hold me for long, you know. I knew the timeline had moved along to the point when they would need me. Not that idiot Brant. Stop ignoring me! You need training from me!" They said, almost desperate.

I turn around to face them.

Fintan's face lit up with a cruel smile.

"Time for training."

Sorry for kinda filler chapter! It so short! I know! Don't hunt me down to kill me!

*faint mob screams in background*

So thank you all my readers!

I hope you have enjoyed this story this far in! 

Also, sorry for giving Sophie three extra abilities in this book.

I don't even know why.

We'll  meet again, Don't know where, don't know whennnn!