Chapter Twenty

Almost done! Also sorry for leaving you guys without an update for so long! Someone added my story to "Waiting for update" lol, sorry!

Once Sophie and Keefe had calmed down enough to sit down and stop scuttling around like a spider, they told everyone else what had happened.

Muffin, the newly named cat, rubbed against everyones legs affectionately.

Sophie was often interrupted with questions from people, usually from Biana, who seemed the calmest of everyone. Once Sophie was done explaining everything it was fairly late, and only Sophie and Keefe seemed truly awake, while everyone else was having a sugar crash from the mallowmelt.

The adults were groggily talking and everyone else was passed out except for Sophie and Keefe, so to give the adults some privacy, and not wake up the others, Sophie, Keefe, and Muffin went to the kitchen.

"Do you want to make some cookies?" Sophie asked Keefe.

"Yeah, with chocolate!" Keefe responded enthusiastically.

"I'll make a recipe my mom- human mom taught me. I think we have all the ingredients." Sophie said, as she checked the pantry.

"Yep! Lets hope we don't make a bigger mess than I did the first time I tried it." She said, pulling ingredients like flour and sugar out of the pantry.

She put on an apron and got to work. She measured out all the wet and dry ingredients and mixed them together, and Keefe would sometimes help mix the ingredients, though he insisted on measuring the chocolate chips. Muffin would frequently try to get on the counter to see what they were doing, as cats do. 

Before Sophie shaped them into balls, Keefe demanded they add color, saying that they looked kind of bland and boring. Eventually Sophie gave in and let him add blue food dye to the dough.

They shaped them and put hem on two trays and put them in the oven to bake. Sophie set a timer so they would know when they would be done. As they baked Keefe watched them constantly, but Sophie decided to sit in a chair to wait.

What happened next could not be staged by any director, give the author some credit, it's not a movie.

Sophie fell asleep.

It was not her fault, the chair was comfy, and it was two in the morning. Don't blame her.

Keefe continued watching the cookies bake, and the timer went off. Keefe opened them oven and burned his left hand because SOMEONE didn't pay attention to SAFETY. He grabbed a towel to get the pans out.

That's when he noticed Sophie was asleep. Keefe set the pans on the counter to cool and went over to Sophie. Definitely sleeping. He picked her up bridal style and carried her over to a couch. He was about to set her down on the couch when she began waking up. Keefe knew it was a fragile situation.

Sophie rarely slept. If she woke up she probably wouldn't go back to sleep again. So, in his sleep deprived state in three in the morning, he decided she wouldn't wake up if he laid down with her.

So that is how Biana woke up and found them. Sophie curled up with her head on Keefe's chest and blue cookies on the counter. She decided to let them sleep and went to eat the blue cookies.

Ahh sorry for not updating recently!!! Here is a complete list of all the books I read!

-Son of Neptune

-Mark of Athena [crying at the end]

-House of Hades [continual crying]

-Blood of Olympus

-The Hidden Oracle

-The Dark Prophecy 

-The Burning Maze

-The Tyrant's Tomb

-Tower of Nero[crying in thy Shakespeare]

*bow*

Sorry!