Let's talk

After spending four days in Alaska because of the A Capella Festivella, Scott seemed a little bit stressed of going back to reality. I could tell how every mile we were getting closer to LA; he was more and more uncomfortable. 

Mitch: Hey! How are you?

Scott: I am tired, but I am fine. Nothing that a good night of sleep won’t fix.

Mitch: How is your brain?

Scott: Spinning.

Mitch: Can I help you?

Scott: Maybe not now but perhaps once we get home; we can have a little therapy session with a couple of bottles of something good.

Mitch: That sounds really good.

Scott: Thank you Mitch.

Mitch: Don’t worry! (I told him singing) You can always count on me, for sure, that’s what friends are for.

Scott: (laughing and singing at the same time) In good times!

On the flight back to La, I put my headphones on and I tried to isolate myself from the outside world and from my inside demons. But this time either my demons were screaming too loud or there were many of them.

Scott searched for some movies on the plain to keep his mind busy. But I can tell that the strategy wasn’t being successful because he spent the almost six hour flight shaking his legs up and down. The same he does when he isn’t feeling at his best at an interview. This nervous habit is one of the things that helps me read Scott’s state of mind.

For the velocity in which his legs were shaking he was having a bad time. Seeing him like that was making me really sad. But I knew that the best thing was to let him be until we were at home where he would be more relaxed, and were he would be able to walk up and down to burn out his adrenaline.

On our way home in the Uber, he got a text message. His face turned first into worry and then into sadness.

Mitch: What is it?

Scott: Alex told me to meet tonight. But I’ve told him that I need a little bit more time. And then he answered me that if I was going to drink tonight please not to post any picture anywhere.

Mitch: What does that mean?

Scott: I wish I knew.

Once we got to our house, Scott took both our luggage and went home whilst I went to the convenience store to buy what we needed. He told me to get whatever I wanted, so I got gin, Martini, Rose’s grenadine syrup, and strawberries. I would search for a recipe somewhere on the internet… and I’ll do my best… because that is what friends do, right?

 My brain answered me saying that actually that is what someone who is in love would do; a friend would take just some beers.

When I got home he was unpacking his things and mine and dividing the different types of cloths to do the laundry, because that is what friends do…

Scott: I left your toilet bag in your bathroom, and your shoes are already here.

Mitch: Thank you so much!

Scott: Is that what I think it is? Have you bought the ingredients to make Strawberry Martini?

Mitch: It seems like it. I am going to search a recipe on line… let’s see how it turns out… So exciting!

Scott: Did I mention that I love you?

Mitch: Not today though.

Scott: Well, then, I love you. (And he hugged from behind while I was rubbing the rim of our glasses with a cut strawberry and dipping them into a sugar bowl)