Evening ceremony

Going back home is always great, although shearing a room with Scott can be quite interesting, even more after what he did and what he told me. I have to admit that, deep down, after realizing that he was serious, my stomach clenched and my heart started pumping as if trying to break a World Record of “How fast can you beat without killing your owner”.

During the flight I thought a lot about it, maybe more than I should have, but I could not help it. I started thinking that maybe it did meant something more than just a slip of the tongue. After a couple of minutes thinking about different possibilities and scenarios of us being together, the song “Evening Ceremony” by Active Child was the next one to be played on my phone which was in shuffle mode. The first two sentences wrenched me out of all those stupid thoughts… Even if I wanted to love you... Would you love me?

And that is the reason why I chose that song as the recommendation of the week. I also added it to my favorite playlist so every time I hear it I will be reminded to stop thinking silly things about the one and only Scott Hoying feeling anything for me…

I am nothing compare to him, even worst, I am nothing compared to Alex. If Alex was not good enough for him, I will never be even remotely close to be good enough for him. Who am I trying to fool?

Immersed in my thoughts I almost forgot where I was. A hand on my right knee pulled me out of my pool of thoughts; I quickly turned my head from the beautiful spectacle of clouds under our plain to the owner of the hand. I looked at him and he was moving his lips, trying to tell me something but I could not hear him because I had my headphones on.

I turned the music down without taking them of and I asked him ‘Sorry, what where you saying? I couldn’t hear a thing.’

Scott: I said that we are about to land that you should fasten your seatbelt.

Mitch: Oh, thank you! (I cleared up the tray, put everything in my handbag, and closed them both.)

Now with my self esteem a little bit lower than what it normally is, I did not feel too well. All I could think of was getting home, take a really long shower and go to my sweet big bed. Yet again I was drawn out of my thoughts by the same hand, but this time was wrapped around my right wrist really softly and his index and middle finger subtly touching the palm of my hand.

Scott:  Are you ok?

Mitch: Yeah, I’m great, just a little bit tired.

Scott: Are you sure?

Mitch: Yes, why?

Scott: I don’t know; you look sad, not tired to me.

Mitch: I’ll be fine after some sleep. Don’t worry about me.

Once we landed we collected our luggage and around thirty minutes later we got home. Scott asked me what I wanted for dinner, and when I told him, he ordered it so it would arrive once we get out of our respective showers. Then he went to his room and I went to mine. I left all my stuff on my bed and I headed towards the shower, looking for a way of relaxing. And it worked. I was feeling much better afterwards.

When I left the bathroom Scott screamed from the leaving room ‘Mitchy! The food’s here!’ I answered ‘In a minute!’. I put on some comfortable clothes and as I was about to leave my room, I saw something white poking out under my bed. I picked it up and I remembered. It was the envelope from the hotel, where the bills are. ‘I should file them with the other ones, to check everything with my statement of account at the end of the month’ I thought out loud.

I opened it and took all the bills out; I skimmed through them until I got to one paper which did not look like a bill. It was a letter with really beautiful hand writing.