34.

She walked down the street that night, Jaeun was left with Miss Anna for a while. Her long coat hug her body, wind blowing to her face and air getting chilly. Light lit up the city, shops were still open as it's still early. It was a calm night, but it wasn't enough to calm her worried heart.

What if, just what if,

I said no?

She shrugged of the thought, and hate herself for even thinking about that possibilities. She knew it wasn't just her who might think about their marriage, everyone will have the same thought. A woman who fit to marry even a royalty, is now spending her whole life with a soldier who might leave her anytime. She knew why everyone told her it was a bad decision, because the war had leave the alive with the scars of death. A scar that even time can't heal. Feelings that can't be reached, nor to returned.

Her heels bought her to the train station at night, some men unboard the train, fully suited or injured but they share the same thing. Smile of happiness. Perhaps those man was back from the war, or dismissed early. Her eyes settled down a couple hugging each other, she was sobbing but it was tears of happiness. She imagined it was herself and Jungkook, but she knew it was impossible. The man is serving longer than she thought.

Then her eyes fell down to a spot, a wall to be exact. Pictures of men are there, and several candles and flowers were beneath them. She kneeled down to read the lowest picture with some information of the man, he was in his late thirty, a woman hugging him with two child in their arm. Her eyes darted to the left, another picture of man with another man, he looks old and Haewon guess it was his father. Both of them were fully suited , but the youngest was the one pronounced to be missing in action. The wall was full of pictures, and it shared the same stories.

They were the ones who never get the chance to come back home.

Before she knew it, her tears fell down to her cheeks, and her head lowered to her knees. It was stupid for a grown up woman to cry in public, but she was to caught in her emotions to care. Her body trembled at every breath she take, her lips let out a faint muffled cries. She want him back in her arms, want her to teased her everytime she was cooking, want him to have his own wicked ways with her in bed, want him to kiss her pain away.

She just want him to be here, alive.

She didn't care if the man lost his hand , or his leg, or his eyes. She didn't care if the man was no longer recognizable due to the bombing, she just want him to stay alive and be by her side forever.

You said I was yours forever, so why you are taking so long to come back?

She knew he is still alive, but the fact that he might be included at the wall, his picture pinned there with a description of his life and honourable act was not what she want. Never in a million years she want him to be there.

I miss you Jungkook, so please come back home.

A soft pat was felt at her shoulder, and she looked up, eyes and nose red. The man looked suprised to see her current state, so he kneeled down beside her and shove out a small handkerchief to her. She took it and wiped her hideous tears, ashamed to see the unknown man in front of him. She saw his uniform, it was from the portal service. Do they work at night too?

"Ma'am, I was told that you might be here from Miss Anna, since she is at your house now. This letter is confidential so I was informed to sent it to you by hand"

Haewon creased her eyebrows before stood up, leading the man to do the same. Miss Anna was sure at her house, Haewon had asked her to stay with her since Jungkook isn't there. Besides, the woman lived alone since her husband death so she liked the idea. Probably she described Haewon clothes so the man knew her from her attire.

He opened his bag, it looks empty and probably Haewon letter was the last one. He hand out the letter, and she took it while reading the address. It was from the military, but it was a little bit weird. Jungkook did send her a reply, saying that they had manage to weakened the enemy armour at the west with their ambush, and that was five days ago. She didn't send any letter yet, she was still thinking what to write. So Jungkook wasn't the one who might send this. She thanked the man and gave him back his handkerchief before he walked away.

When she read the content of the letter, the next thing she knew she was already in the train with the letter and her suitcase, leaving Jaeun with Miss Anna.

To the warzone.

"He isn't yet to be awake sir, and we are short of medical help now"

Seokjin nodded, before looking at the pale looking Jungkook, shirtless with bandage wrapping around him body, the wound of the gunshot was still there. His right arm was wrapped because the impact of the grenade send his body flying, bones almost crashing. His body was badly injured, but the medical team was more busy at handling the still conscious men than the one who was now laying down at the bed, eyes closed and pale looking.

The west was already in their hands, but then they weren't expecting them to counterattack after admitting defeat from the ambush. It was an intense fight, and for the young boys who have been kept by Jungkook for a purpose , was now been put to use and they were forced to be in a real war. Seokjin was alarmed at how dangerous it is, and he was right.

Because Jungkook isn't awake.