19.

Her body tensed up in panic when a pair of strong arms circled her waist from the back, making her heartbeat races. She was about to turn her back when the person hushed her at the ear before letting out a small chuckle that sends shiver to her back.

"It's me. Your husband"

Her panic stricken face went to sigh of relief before held his palm resting at her belly, and her eyes fall down to Jaeun sleeping soundly beside her. It was the middle of the night and the chapel had beeen close three hours before, how did he get in? Not that it matters anymore, she was glad it wasn't some rapist trying to touch her inside a holy place.

"You sneak in?"

"I have my ways to get in, dear. Let me hold you for a while before I get back to the post"

"You're not staying?"

There was a hint of sadness in her voice and it hurt him how he can't complied to her needs. The situation was worser than any mission he had, but at least he was sure she is safe. He shook, gently rubbing his perfect sculpted nose in her hair which he inhale the scent of her shampoo. Haewon was about to turn back when he stopped her, causing the woman to creased an eyebrow.

"Don't. I'm afraid if I see your face, I wouldn't leave this place until the next morning"

She laughed and nodded, following his orders while her fingers trailed at his veiny hands to his finger, where his marriage bond was there. Just this morning she was thinking about the ring, now she was feeling warm again. The only mishap in their life was the war, but Haewon knew they can get through it.

"You smell nice. I miss this"

"Then come to us, faster. Jaeun had been looking for you"

"Really? Or maybe the mother had her eyes at the door everytime waiting for someone?"

She chuckled which the man smiled before planting small kisses at her head, making the woman closed her eyes because of the affection. He then proceed to turn her around, making the woman raised her eyebrow, surprised by his action when he was the one who didn't let her look at him. She finally got a good view of him, eyes tired and lips dry but he still looks good.  His fingers trailed at his features and the man closed his eyes, feeling the warmth from her fingers.

"It will be a waste if I sneak in without seeing your face, I guess"

"Looks like you're the one who miss me so much"

He grinned and pecked her lips, before standing up slowly from the bed. The sudden loss of his warmth makes her heart dropped, but she shrugged it off and did the same. The man took his shoes at the floor to his hand and looked back to his wife.

"Say your goodbye to Jaeun first"

He nodded and went to the other side of the bed were Jaeun was sleeping. He bent down and kissed his daughter face before caressing the small life head. She inherit every features of his face, but her mother genes was still there. Looking at the sleeping child, he was sure of his decision to quit military and go far away from here, the war. Jaeun shouldn't know about how cruel the war is, and he had promised his wife for it.

He straighten his back, only to see the woman eyes been looking at her. He walked back to her and pulled her into his embrace , making sure he will remember her warmth when he's away later.

"I will be back. I promise"