28.

'The way everything seems so wrong, but so right.Was it when you promised me you will be back?Or was it the war that you never thought you will come back alive?I longed for you, mourned for you and prayed for you.How many deaths have you saw before you met me?Because this war will never end, same goes to my love for you'

She closed the book, before putting down at her drawer. From the mirror she saw her husband sleeping form, calm and peaceful, as if he won't be entering the pits of hell tommorow. Slowly she stood up, walking to the bed and closed the lamp, making the bedroom dark leaving the moonlight entering their room. She laid herself beside him, ignoring her night gown reached up to her thigh because of her movement.

Just when she was about to scoot closer to him, his strong arm had pulled her, his nose nuzzled at the crook of her neck. His hair was at the tip of her lips and she smiled at how he was leaving small kisses at her neck.

"Where were you? I thought you ran away to Peter"

"Silly, no.  I was reading something. And why are you awake?"

"I wanted to hold you, but you weren't here. I was about to shout your name"

She laughed, and he could feel his smile on her skin. It was a calm night, but it was sorrowful for everyone. A son might die, a husband might leave his wife and children alone, and lovers will be separated, for a short time or forever. No one knew what will happen, but they wished for the best. The man was right, everyone is mourning early for the ones who might never come back home.

It was said that whoever marry a man during the war, no good can be predicted from it, especially armies and soldiers. Death will be their instant fear, loneliness will be their forever companion. It was what Haewon had been hearing when she decided to be with him forever. Her friends thought a woman like her will settle down with some aristocrat because of her uncle status, even with her elegance was passed to be a royalty itself.

They found it amazing how a woman could be raised to be such a mademoiselle, eyes gleaming in happiness, every steps she took was delicate and smile was always on her white porcelain face. Haewon was indeed a woman to be married for. But when they knew about her marrying a man who faced danger, it was as if they think the woman is throwing out her luck and surrender herself in the lion den. Why did she sacrifice her future for him? He's fate was death, it has been like that since the day he went in the military.

Haewon was considered stupid to be marrying him, Jungkook was called selfish for loving her.

"If I happen to die, will you marry another man?"

"What answer were you hoping?"

"I hoped no, but then I'll be selfish for that"

She smiled before kissing his head, and the man looked up to her, doe eyes be looking at her so lovingly that trapped her in his stares. Will she marry another man? If things got hard, than she might be doing that. Or maybe not, she wasn't quite sure of what the future has it in the store for her.

"Peter will be a good husband"

"Anyone but not him, Haewon"

"Then don't die. So I don't have to learn to fall in love again, Jungkook"