27.

"We'll be living tommorow, eight at night. Go back to your family tonight, Jeon. You should spend more time with them"

"Yes sir"

"Don't call me that, Jungkook. Everyone here know you are in a higher rank than me"

"And I'm serving you, as well as this country. I should give you respect as well, sir"

The middle aged man smile at him. He's name was Robert, a pure canadian who serve the british army and seems to like the way things are right now. He knew Jungkook from the very first day he was in the camp, keep eye on the cold teenage boy who often get into trouble with his friends. When he was called to be in the office, Robert imagined the man will did very well in any mission he was given.  Turns out he is right, the man is doing very well.

The news of the treason and G6 came to him, and he pitied for he never saw how happy he was before. He remembered how Jungkook eyes was gleaming when his wife walked to altar, and Robert thought he was someone else. Now, the man stood in front of him, receiving orders to be in a battlefield which of course will disheartened everyone in London. It may be their last battle, or another one will come.

Jungkook saluted the man before walking out from his office, steps getting heavier with a dreaded feeling creeping in his heart. His eyes saw his friends gaze was down, some were accepting their fate, some were mad and some were blank. Before, Jungkook didn't care if he died in the war, he had nothing to lose. Now, he hated that he needs to serve the country, that he might be dead and leave his family.

He walk out from the post, took a taxi heading home because his car was left at their house. The ride was silent, and the driver seems to know why. Everyone was in fear of losing in the war, and it had happen once. Jungkook wasn't sure if that happen when he was there or not, he's life was still the same and no major changes happen in his youth. It was unlikely to happen for him.

When they arrived, he payed the driver but he refused, saying that he is doing it for free for the last time.

"I'm living London tonight with my wife,far from the war. Good deeds should be done in the last minute of my working time. Stay safe, sir"

He nodded at Jungkook before driving away, and his words played in the soldier mind. He had promised Haewon to leave, but here he was about to break the promise by telling her that he might die. How he wished he was the man, sending his last customer home and heading back to his wife, happy that he will finally get the chance to lived away from the war that killed many innocent life. Jungkook wanted that, but he won't be getting that any minute by now. He might lose it, or come back with victory. He might be shot dead, or alive and smiling.

They were many prediction for the future, but he knew one will be his fate.

Twisting the doorknob, he opened and was greeted by the sound of Jaeun crying with Haewon trying to calm her down. If he was a normal man with a normal working time, he might get annoyed by it. But he wasn't, and even by hearing their voices was enough to make him smiled. It came out sad though, but Jungkook wasn't going to hide it. He had enough of showing how strong he is. He was tired of protecting his own pride.

Just for today, he wanted to show her the real him. His weakness and his fear because he might never get the chance to do it again.

Stepping slowy to them, he removed his shoes before changing it to the one he used at home, hanging his coat and hat. Haewon feel his presence and turned around, her tired eyes gleamed and as if Jaeun knew who entered, her cries gradually went down. Jungkook took a sit beside her before taking the child in his arm, singing some sweet lullaby to her ear. Haewon smiled warmly at how calmed the girl is and making a mental note to herself that the girl will be so close to her father when she is a grown up later.