Cricket and Narnia

The sun came out a few days later. Susan suggested we all go outside and play Cricket. Lucy sat under a tree nearby reading while Layla stood against the tree playing with her necklace again. I was playing cricket with Susan and Edmund.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" I announced, launching the Kookaburra at Edmund.

However he's staring out into space, so it hits his leg instead.

"Ow!" Edmund wined, rubing his leg.

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream," I joked, grinning.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asks, as Susan throws back the Kookaburra.

"I thought you said that was a kid's game," I pointed out, walking back to pitch again.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air," Susan added.

"It's not like there's any air inside," Edmund complained.

"Are you ready?" I asked, tossing the Kookaburra in my hands.

"Are you?" He challenged, waking the ground with his bat.

I bowled the Kookaburra and he hit it good, sending it flying into the air and......right through one of the mansion's glass windows.

We all heard a loud crash of the glass shattering and then a resounding clatter of lots of metal falling. I looked at Edmund then at the window. This is a recipe for trouble.

****

We found the cricket a room upstairs, with a broken suit of armor scattered on the floor.

I looked at the mess and sighed exasperatedly. "Well done, Ed," I congratulated him.

"You bowled it!" Edmund retorted.

Suddenly, we heard Macready coming upstairs.

"What on earth is going on up there?" She exclaimed and we heard footsteps echoing through the halls.

"The Macready!" Susan exclaimed like we haven't noticed.

"Run!" I told my siblings and Layla, herding them out of the room.

We ran around the house looking for a place to hide, but wherever we went, her footsteps sounded like they were coming closer.

"Come on!" I called, running down another hallway.

Somehow, all the doors were locked. Except one.

"Come on!" Edmund urged us, opening the wardrobe door.

"Oh, you've got to be joking," Susan sighed.

"You got any other ideas?" Layla retorted, this being the first time she spoke since-well a while.

Susan was about to reply but we heard the footsteps coming to the door.

We all ran to the wardrobe and climbed in. I climbed in behind them leaving the door open a crack.

"Get back!" Susan hissed, as we backed up farther into the wardrobe.

"My toe!" Lucy yelped.

"I'm not on your toe!" Edmund retorted. "Move back,"

"Hey! Too close!" Layla exclaimed.

I could feel her necklace pressed between both of our bodies. Awkward!

"Will you stop shoving?" I demanded, sensing Edmund pushing me.

Pretty soon, Susan and I found ourselves landing in snow. Layla landed on top of me. Why am I feeling uncomfortable? Wait a minute, did her necklace just glow? She instantly covered it with her hand.

"Impossible!" Susan gasped, standing up as Layla got off me.

I stood up and looked around the snow covered landscape. So it is all real!

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's just your imagination," Lucy replies, looking at us smugly.

"I...don't suppose....saying we're sorry would quite cover it?" I asked her, looking apologetic.

"No," she replies. "But this might!" She then throws a snowball at me and nailing me in the face.

I quickly picked up a ball of snow and threw it back at her. Soon a snowball fight began. Susan and Layla joining in on the fun but it ended when Susan threw a snowball at Edmund hitting Edmund in the arm.

"Ow!" He wined, grabbing his arm. "Stop it!"

"Why, you little liar!" I accused.

"You didn't believe her, either!" Edmund shot back.

"Apologize to Lucy." I instructed.

He didn't do anything just scoff.

"Say you're sorry!" I demanded.

"Alright!" Edmund relented. "I'm sorry."

"That's alright. Some kids just don't know when to stop pretending," she responds, quoting him from earlier.

"Oh, very funny," Edmund mumbled.

"Maybe we should go back," Susan suggested.

"I think," I looked at Lucy, "Lucy should decide."

She brightened up. "I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" She exclaimed.

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is," I agreed, going back into the wardrobe for some coats.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this!" Susan argued.

"No," I answered, coming back out with five coats. "But I'm sure the Professor won't mind using these."

I started handing out the coats, "Anyway, if you think about it 'logically', we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe." I held out the last coat to Edmund.

"But that's a girl's coat!" He complained.

"I know," I answered simply.

Once we had our coats on, we headed off to find this friend of Lucy's. We found a London lamppost which was weird because those kinds only originate in London.