Chapter 13- Local Man Ruins Everything

Published 24/3/21 (2838 words)

Recap:

After successfully kicking Itachi out of the room, Sasuke slumped against the door, sighing heavily.

"What am I going to do about Shisui-nii" Sasuke whispers to himself, little did he know, he was facing the same existential crisis that Naruto is going through, realization dawned on the fact that the future rested in the hands of three lone kids.

In a blink of an eye, morning came.

Itachi wakes up before anyone else and went straight to the ANBU HQ, he knew that day by day, the tension between the Konoha leaders and the Uchiha is growing. Itachi himself was assigned to ANBU to act as a spy. However, he has no intention to commit the coup because, in his opinion, the coup will solve nothing.

"Oi, Itachi, what's with the long face so early in the morning," a figure said while leaning to the locker beside him.

"Hn" Itachi replied as he closes his locker door.

"Huh, typical Uchiha answer" the figure said

"You're saying that as if you're not an Uchiha yourself" Itachi said sarcastically

"Mou, that's mean" the figure, Shisui said.

The two head out from the locker room, Shisui codes to Itachi that he wants to talk about something, privately. Itachi took note of this and both of them shunshined to a secluded training ground in the headquarters, privacy seals activated.

"Any lead?" Itachi asks, knowing that this is about the coup.

"Well no, in fact, the clan took notice of your odd behavior, they instructed me to spy on you" Shisui said helplessly

"It has gotten to that point huh" Itachi said remorsefully

"You know I actually-" Itachi started, wanting to tell Shisui about Danzo's assassination plan, but looks like Shisui didn't hear him and cuts him off.

"But, I have a new plan to solve all this" Shisui started, "I'm planning on using my Kotoamatsukami to the Uchiha elders, this will change their mind".

"I see, but once you use this, you can't use it for another..10 years, am I right?" Itachi asks

"Well yes, but, rather than a war, I'd be fine with that fact" Shisui answers.

"When are you planning to do the genjutsu?"

"I'll try to do it tonight, for now, we should just stretch the time and act normal, I'm sure we can pull this off" Shisui assures Itachi.

With that, both of them gave a nod to each other and went their own ways, stretching time. However, little did they know, someone was spying on them despite the privacy seal.

Itachi decided to go home and check on Sasuke, he hadn't checked on him after Sasuke 'politely' ushered him out of his room.

"Itachi-kun? When did you go out?" asks Mikoto from the kitchen when Itachi takes off his sandals.

"I have something to do in the HQ" Itachi replied

"Ahh, can you please wake Sasuke up and call your father for breakfast"